Update on body odor

lwillis22
on 5/13/10 10:03 pm
Hi Everyone,  Just thought everyone would like to know where everything is at with this body odor issue I have been having.  Well, doctor wanted me to take pancreatic enzymes but before I took them I asked him if I could try Flagyl and he agreed.  I too Flagyl for about a week and within about 2 days of starting it I had completely watery stools.  However, the smell went away!!!! Yippeee!!! I am not real sure what this means.  I am guessing I had some bacterial overgrowth in my GI tract and the Flagyl took care of it.  Unfortunatly it also gave me the watery stools. So, my doctor now wants me to stop the Flagyl and start the enzymes.  I was reluctant to do this as I don't want to gain wt.  I still have about 60# of wt I want to loss.  I did start them though, yesterday, and so far the water stools are over.  I am going to call my doctor today and see if I need to stay on these enzymes or if I can stop them.  I don't know if they are something you can just stop taking or if you need to be weaned off, although as of right now I have only been on them for a day.  Anyway,  Thanks to everyone for all your help and support.  I am only concerned that it will come back but at least it is gone for now.

Lori

wigglypoo
on 5/15/10 6:08 am - Sturgis, MI
 Lori,

I did take the pancreas enzymes for a 3 week period and did not experience "any" weight gain. Glad to hear that the Flagyl helped you. Keep chugging along for answers.

Amy H
chelle614
on 5/18/10 3:48 am - Chester, NY
Hi Lori, not sure of your situation because I just pop in here every once in a while from the RNY board.
Do you use Drysol? Is your BO coming from all over or just under your arms? From as far back as I can remember, I suffered with excessive sweating. I got a script for Drysol from my DR, use it 3 x a week at night, and Secret clinical strength ant-persperant the rest of the time. Works fabulous.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

lwillis22
on 5/18/10 4:38 am
Hi and thanks for your post. Mine is not BO it is an odor coming from my skin.  It is not like a BO smell from what everyone has described. I also don't really sweat much cus I have a mostly sedentary job.  I have never heard of drysol.
Most Active