No refund even if the revision can not be performed

living_on_the_edge
on 5/11/10 3:13 pm - Calgary, Canada
Hi
I got answer from Dr.Marchini and Dr.Ugson both of them said the revision from lap band to Ds could be performed at the same time though there is a very very slight chance that revision might not be possible due to alot of scar tissue which is very rare.But in such case they will still charge the entire fees and wont refund any money.
I asked them this question because i read a blog here on OH where a guy paid for revision from lap band to RNY the band was rremoved but the rny wasnt performed due to scar tissue and the doctor didnot refund any money (some doctor in mexico)
So i talked with Limarp and they can remove band for as low as as 3500usd i have now decided just to remove band now as i am 185 lbs that will give my stomach some rest and i ll gain some weight as well which is obious and then will have DS in some time later in future.
The reason behind my decision is i do not wana risk 16k and after they tell me they couldnt bcz both surgeon said the operating equipment is disposible and no use once they are unpacked.

Plzz any valuable information suggestion will be greaty appreciated
SW 245lbs           CW 168LBS          GW??
Vivian Prouty
on 5/11/10 11:13 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 I think that I would ask the doctors if they could "look" while they are removing your band and see if there is any scar tissue that could prevent them from doing the WLS that you were going to get.   That way You will know what you could be facing in the future.    Good luck to you on your band removal.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active