Hottie

BlessedHighlyFavored
on 5/11/10 5:09 am - Harvey, LA
I had a revision jan 27,2010. I chew my food very good, I eat slow and know when I am full. The issue is like for some reason when I get to the end of my meal or right after I finish I get real HOT all over and it happens a lot. I take off my sweater at work and maybe about 20 mins later I am o/k . Other than that  life is awesome. Just wanted to know it anyone else experience this. Have a Blessed day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sosoclark
on 5/11/10 5:46 am - Sacramento, CA
Thats strange, what kind of revision did you have?
BlessedHighlyFavored
on 5/11/10 5:55 am - Harvey, LA
My doctor went in and redid the original surgery and removed the excess stomach where the ghrelin is located. I am very happy with the results even though the weight loss is slow I don't feel hungry all the time and my cravings for sweets are under control.So far I have loss about 25 lbs and I would like to lose about 20 more and maintain that . Right now I have starting water aerobics and I love it. Hopefully this will get me to my goal.Thank you for asking.Other than getting hot after meals I feel great. (It almost feels like menopause heat episodes but I not complaining just wondered if any one else had this happen.) I am grateful for my revision and my results.
sosoclark
on 5/11/10 5:59 am - Sacramento, CA
I was going to say maybe menopause but I wasn't sure and it could be your body healing itself from the surgery also. Hope you can get that under control.

I'm working on getting a revision too but have much more to lose than you so I will praying for the DS. I was SMO and the RNY just wasn't the right surgery for me and the amount of weight I needed to lose.

Keep us posted on your progress and congrands on your weightloss so far.
BlessedHighlyFavored
on 5/11/10 6:04 am - Harvey, LA
good luck i will keep you in my prayers.It's whatever works for you.God Bless
H.A.L.A B.
on 5/12/10 4:52 am
I am like that. I have RNY - original - and from the beginning I would get hot after eating.  2 years later - at goal - i am hot all the time, plus now I am in menopause and I am getting hot flashes on top of that (hot body- not just face). 
I am not sure why since most of my friends who had the RNY get cold all the time.  I am glad to know that I found another "freak".  (sorry).  Maybe it is "The Change" or maybe it is just my body reacting like that. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active