Help !!!! Weight Loss at a Stand Still

CHYNADOLL2603
on 5/10/10 10:15 pm, edited 5/10/10 10:18 pm - NY
Ok I am really getting upset on March 29 I had my RNY revised to a Distal so far I lost 10lbs the first month meanwhile I am not impressed.  My doctor says that she doesn't think that losing over 10lbs a month is good because then I would be losing muscle. I eat very little because my pouch is still fairly small, most of my protein consumption is through supplements. My pre-op weight was 285lbs I got down to 275lbs the first month but since then the scale has been going up and down from 275 to 271. I feel like my clothes are getting looser because there were a few items that I couldn't wear before that I can wear now but I would really like to see the difference in the scale. I am so afraid that this could be another failed surgery could someone offer any suggestions......Desperate & Depressed...
JustLookingToo
on 5/11/10 10:51 am - AL
I'm pretty much in the same boat. Revised to distal on 2/15/10 and down about 30 pounds (maybe, I'll weigh in officially on Thursday). I don't think I've lost but a pound (maybe 2) in the last six weeks. I came down with Shingles, which has kept me from exercising over the last five weeks, though, so maybe that and the medication prescribed caused the stall. Not sure why I'm not losing since I'm tracking every calorie and carb that I put in my mouth, but I'm determined to somehow get that scale moving in the right direction. 

You know, though, before my revision, I had already given up sugar, most carbs, and all that other "good" stuff. I'm also ten years older than I was when I had my first surgery. Of course, I'm starting at a lower weight, too. Eating ten years with a smaller stomach has probably slowed my metabolism on top of the other things I listed. I suppose it makes sense that the weight-loss would be much slower this time around. It's still VERY frustrating. I'm embarrassed to go to my three month weigh-in on Thursday with the lack of weight-loss despite the fact that I've been on track. Oh well...
Mosley
on 5/13/10 11:13 am
I had my surgery 4/22.  I have only lost 15 pounds and I have lost nothing in the last week.  I failed with the lapband and am SO AFRAID that this RNY wont work for me either.  I read that weight melts off people in the honeymoon phase but so far that hasnt happened for me and I am really depressed too.
Most Active