I need advice

miracletaz
on 5/10/10 11:38 am
I am 16 months out from gastric bypass RNY.  I lost 80 of the 100 pounds I wanted to lose, but over the past four- five months the weight has been coming back on. 

I felt like such a failure, how do you gain weight after a gastric bypass.  I had had the lapband too, but the surgeon didn't fix a hiatal hernia, so there were many complications, hence the RNY.

I was looking at a new surgeon and went to their seminar.  I recently just had an upper GI.  The results of the upper GI are that my pouch is the size of an adult man's fist and that food travels quickly into the bypassed area, instead of sitting in the pouch.

I have searched the internet to find what the size of the pouch is supposed to be after bypass.  It always has been a little hard to lose weight with the bypass. Can anyone share their experience?

I am following the rules, and am keeping a food diary.  I am worried about another surgery, although I have not seen the new surgeon yet.

Any suggestions, feedback, or your experience would be greatly appreicated.  I would especially be thankful to hear if anyone knows what size the pouch should be at this time.
Kelleigh710
on 5/11/10 12:42 pm
What kind of a revision are you looking into if you already had the lap band and RNY? Are you looking into a DS? Sounds like it would be a viable option at this point.

I just wanted to send hugs your way because you certainly are NOT the only one who has failed with the RNY...I have too. It's okay though! We go through these things for a reason and I'm sure we'll be 10 times stronger when we finally figure it all out. I am going a different route though. I am getting a lap band placed over my bypass pouch to bring back restriction. I'm just not ready for a DS.

I wish you NOTHING but the best for you sweety, keep that head up high! 

~Kel
Most Active