Newbie. Have ??

Barb R.
on 5/8/10 5:15 am, edited 5/8/10 5:25 am - Troy, MO
Hi my name is Barb. I had a vbg March of 1999 (starting weight 277lbs) What a mistake I made. I have had problems the whole time. The hole in the pouch is only the size of a straw. Everything I eat gets stuck and sometimes can take a day to go through. Most of the time I end up thowing up. The pain from having something stuck is terrible. Sometimes when I can't bare it I make myself throw up. I have to put almost everything I eat in a food proccessor now and have been scoped and dialated at least 5 times. Does any of this sound familer?  I lost 80lbs the first year or so but of course have gained that and more. I now weigh 280lbs.I now have insurance that covers weight loss surgery and am looking into a revision. Has anyone here heard of Dr.Kaniewski in Lenexa Kansas? Am seriously thinking of the BPD/DS.
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/10 1:31 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Here's a list of vetted DS surgeons. http://www.dsfacts.com/North-American-Duodenal-Switch-Surgeons.html

I answered on the DS board, there are only 4 in the US who routinely do revisions like yours. Please consider traveling to see one of them, it's better than having things go poorly.

Dr. Kanieswki is known for lap-band and RNY surgery. She isn't known for revisions, and she certainly isn't known to do the DS. People who go to her for the DS get talked into an RNY or a lap band instead. She's listed on OH as having done 25 BPD/DS surgeries (and no one does the BPD anymore) but she's listed as having completed 550 RNYs.

I'd say stay far away.

Most Active