NEED ADVICE, INFO ANYTHING FOR TOMORROW

Bryn Hagen
on 5/6/10 1:41 am - Jamestown, ND
 Hi everyone!
Just about 6 yrs ago i had gastric bypass surgery-VGB.  I went from over 325 lbs to 195 lbs.  That was great about it!   I did have a problem with throwing up aLOT!  Then 2 yrs. ago i had my 1st baby at 36 yrs. of age.  When he was about 6 months old, i was all of a sudden able to eat and drink anything- as much as i could.  It has been such a battle!  Then last fall i had a stress fracture to my knee.  I wasn't able to do anything until 5 wks ago when i started physical therapy.  I now am up to 260 lbs!  The weight gain, the slow healing knee, newly diagnosed arthritis, and now my migraines have returned.  I am finding it more difficult to do what i need to do in life...my quality of life is so low!  My son needs an active and healthier mom!  I need that so badly!

Tomorrow i go in to see another wl surgeon (the one who did my surgery retired).  The purpose of this appointment is to discuss a revision.  I have gathered alot of info but now that i sit here, i am afraid i will be unprepared.  

I've even kept a food journal-detailed food journal-for 5 wks. that i will bring.

I want to have this done and would appreciate any input/advice ect to have with me tomorrow.

Anyone?

Much appreciated!
Bryn  

kjfras
on 5/6/10 4:11 am - North Lauderdale, FL

Hello Bryn!  First, realize you are NOT alone in this struggle!  I had my RNY back in July 2001 and kept all my weight off for 6 yrs...only in the last few years have I put back on almost all my weight due to a stretched stoma and poor habits creeping back in.

I do not know what weight loss surgeon you are going to but I'm sure whatever procedures HE performs will be what he pushes you to.  Don't allow that - research ALL of your options and if you want to do a procedure that HE doesn't perform then go elsewhere.  I'm traveling from FL to NJ to have my revision done.

I orginally looked into a Band over Bypass and was about to schedule my surgery when I found out about the DS which seems a better option for me long term.  Both drs I went into asked your standard questions :  Your highest weight., how much you lost, your weight regain, your current weight, any comorbidites you have, what you feel the problem was that caused you to regain the weight, they will tell you what procedures are availalbe and the risks involved etc.  Then they will set you up with a coordinator who will tell you ALL the stuff you gotta do like the pre-op testing etc...

Good luck on your new journey - I know you'll do great and feel better and be able to be and even better mom for your son!

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

Bryn Hagen
on 5/6/10 12:26 pm - Jamestown, ND
 Hi Kerry!

So like i mentioned, i did send a reply earlier but it apparently didn't post or i am just overly blonde tonite!        Anywhooooo......

It is great to have had 2 great responses to my post.  It feels like i'm even less alone, ya know?  
I will absolutely keep my options and my mind open.  I can't rush and settle.  This is too important and i don't want to go down this road again! 

Wow that you are going from FL to NJ to have your surgery!  Friends or family there?  I wish you all the luck in the world!  When does it happen?

I don't want to leave so quickly, but i do need to head back to check on a crabby little one.

All my best!
Bryn
Monique H.
on 5/6/10 5:15 am
I think you should find out what different revision surgeries are offered by this surgeon. Make sure you research all of the different types and make an informed decision as to which one would be best for you.

If I had done those things I would be trying to get revised once again. I'm trying for the ds now.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Bryn Hagen
on 5/6/10 12:14 pm, edited 5/6/10 12:14 pm - Jamestown, ND
Hi Monique!  

It means so much that you guys took a moment out of your day to jot down your thoughts and advice!  *hugs*

I'm sorry to hear from your note that you are going for a 2nd revision?  Is that right?  

I hope to chat more with the both of you in the days, weeks or months ahead...which all depends on my munchkin's mood and clinginess!  

Thanks!!
Take care,
Bryn
Bryn Hagen
on 5/6/10 12:16 pm, edited 5/6/10 12:30 pm - Jamestown, ND
 Kerry, i wrote a response but i don't see it, ugh....bbs.....crying baby  
Most Active