Ladies over 50 WL after Revision

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/10 12:37 am
Hello, I had a Vertical Banded Gastroplasty in the 80's.  I am having a revision sometime around August to what I don't know yet. I understand that because of a previous WLS and because I am getting long in the tooth I will not lose as much weight as most do and what I do lose will take a while and I should not be disappointed.  Is this indeed the case or does it depend on the revision and how hard you work with the tool?
Debbie M.
on 5/6/10 5:23 am
Hi,
I revised from an RNY to DS mid February - am down almost 60lbs.  I think it's going great.  There are others who had surgery same time I did who are doing better and I've seen others who are losing slower.  Everyone is a little different. I follow the tool rules, protein first, low carb,  if I'm craving something sweet, I'll have it, take a few bites, put it down and I'm done with it.  I don't do it often.  Btw, I'm 52!
Debbie M.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Monique H.
on 5/6/10 5:45 am
Debbie I'm just amazed everytime I see where you say you are 52. You look wonderful!!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Debbie M.
on 5/6/10 5:55 am
You are just so sweet !  Good thing there wasn't a zoom lens on that camera!  :)

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

Most Active