Revision on Monday

nmroxie
on 5/1/10 12:20 pm - Lake Dallas,, TX
Please keep me in your prayers! I am grateful for this surgery that will help me finish the journey I started 8 years ago! I will post in the next few weeks to let you know how I am doing! Thanks for your support  Roxie
kjfras
on 5/1/10 1:27 pm - North Lauderdale, FL
Good luck Roxie!!  I'm sending up prayers for a successful but uneventful surgery for you....

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

daisylou1976
on 5/2/10 11:55 am - , Canada
Best of luck with your revision Roxanne,  I'm sure everything will be great!  Keep us posted, we're excited for you.

Sandi :)

emjayel56
on 5/3/10 9:12 pm - Boynton Beach,, FL

Hey Roxie

Just want to wish you the best of luck as you continue your journey.  Like you, I started my journey 8 years ago.  I had a lapband and then had a 2nd surgery in 2009 to take out a band lapband and replace with a new lapband. Neither produced a large weight loss and I had continual medical problems with them so in August 2009 had a 3rd weight loss surgery and revised to RNY bypass.  I have lost all my weight and am actually below goal at 138 lbs. (lost 151 lbs from top weight). So my journey took 9 years.  Never gave up hope and just perservered.  I wish you all the best in your journey and a speedy recovery.  Maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

nmroxie
on 7/12/10 1:04 pm - Lake Dallas,, TX
Thanks to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers!  I'm in just a little over 2 months out and figured it was time to post an update!  It has been an interesting journey so far and very different from my RNY 8 years ago. The good news is that I have lost 50 lbs and 32.25 inches as of today so I am excited about that!  The surgery took 5 hours which was about an hour more than the dr. anticpated. There was some kind of build up in the old stomach (not the pouch) that needed to be cleaned out. I had the surgery on Monday and got out on Thursday so it was about what I expected.  I started walking the 2nd day and haven't stopped yet. I am looking into some other kinds of exercise like swimming or dance classes now because I am getting bored with just walking.

Now I have a question to put out there.... I have been back to the dr. a couple of times because I am still not keeping food down about 5 days out of the week. It's a bummer!  I was tracking my food for awhile and brought in my food diary last itme I went in. Now this is not from nausea, but food not going down so the nurse told me it was more behavorial i.e. not chewing good enough, too big of bites, not enough gravy or sauce with the food etc.  When I have those days when nothing seems to stay down then it's hard to get all my water and vitamins in that I need and I feel awful. I feel like I am doing everything I am supposed to so it's very frustrating!  Please let me know if you have had these issues.  I am going back in tomorrow for another check up because I am getting to where I only want to eat things I know will stay down like pouched eggs and cheese and I know I need to eat more than that. 

I appreciate everyone's honesty and it does help to read other people's journeys. From what I have been reading I am hoping that the 3rd month brings a little calm to this storm.

Thanks for listening! I do not regret doing this in any way, I just want to feel good again!  Blessings to all -
stillhopefull
on 7/13/10 10:00 am
 Hope things get better soon.  Seems like 3 months is the point where people start to feel like people again.  Best of luck and keep us posted.
Terry
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Most Active