Update on body odor-doctor prescribed pancreatic enzymes!?

lwillis22
on 4/30/10 7:38 am
Hi Everyone,
  Well I saw my surgeon today about the body odor I have been having.  He has decided to start me on pancreatic enzymes but this scare the hell out of me cus my wt loss will probably stop.  Any body have any experiences with pancreatic enzymes?

Thanks,
Lori
missnanajean
on 4/30/10 8:21 am - Friendswood, TX
Did the Dr. say your loss would stop? My nursing knowlege of enzymes is it helps the pancreas and liver break down food  and the liver function better.  to get rid of stuff.
  Miss  Jean   
lwillis22
on 4/30/10 2:31 pm

He said it could because they help us absorb more.  I am hoping that I can get the smell to go away with a small dose and still be able to lose.

Lorie2
on 5/2/10 11:37 pm
Hi Lori
I was on an enzyme called Creon. I was not absorbing protein and he wanted me to absorb more. I did not gain weight and I was taking it 3 times a day. I didn't see any differences  in the odor either. I hope this helps you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works for you!!
Lori
Did you hear form Joyce?
lwillis22
on 5/3/10 12:22 am
Thanks for the post.  Well, I am glad at least that you didn't gain wt. I am wondering if anything is going to stop this smell?   I have tried so many different things it seems like and nothing is working.  I am going to try Flygl before the enzymes and see if this helps but I am not very confident it will or anything else for that matter. My doctor said he wouldn't even consider taking me back to surgery before I try the Creon, so we will see.  Yes, I have talked to Joyce.  I took some of her suggestions and none have worked either. 

Thanks,
Lori
JRinAZ
on 5/3/10 1:38 am - Layton, UT
On May 3, 2010 at 7:22 AM Pacific Time, lwillis22 wrote:
Thanks for the post.  Well, I am glad at least that you didn't gain wt. I am wondering if anything is going to stop this smell?   I have tried so many different things it seems like and nothing is working.  I am going to try Flygl before the enzymes and see if this helps but I am not very confident it will or anything else for that matter. My doctor said he wouldn't even consider taking me back to surgery before I try the Creon, so we will see.  Yes, I have talked to Joyce.  I took some of her suggestions and none have worked either. 

Thanks,
Lori
Hey friend!

I don't think there is ANYTHING that will miraculously wipe it away overnight.  I just barely got in contact with you a couple of days ago.  Nothing on my list of suggestions takes any less than several days; if not months! 

The real killer of the the odor for me, was going gluten free.  It took me about a month for it to really make a difference.  But, I combined the entire list so I've tackled it both inside and out!

I am on a round of flagyl right now.  It is extremely rough on some of our systems but "if" your problem stems from a bacterial overgrowth or C-Diff then you MUST have a super antibiotic to tackle it!!!!

My process was long and food journaling is essential.  Find out how long your "emptying process" is (salad in salad out- and how long did that take?) ....then you can pinpoint the types of foods to avoid for you personally!

Be aggressive but don't give up and don't throw out help that comes from peeps and docs.  One of the plans or a combination of them will eventually do the trick for you!!!  As I received help, I compiled a file.  I ordered a bunch of the stuff and tried everything before ruling out some stuff and settling on others.

Big Hugggggzzzzz,
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

lwillis22
on 5/3/10 1:45 am
Hi Joyce,
    I guess I am hoping for the quick cure because this is making my life miserable.  It is not only me personally but the grieve I am getting at work.  I feel like if I do not figure this out soon I may lose my job and believe me they would find some other reason to "let me go" so as to avoid a law suit.  I can't smell it and aside from knowing that it is offensive I could be more patient in figuring this out but my boss and co-workers are really pushing me.  I have a lot of pressure to figure it out like yesterday. 

Thanks,
Lori
Most Active