GAINING AFTER SURGERY

mew6495
on 4/30/10 1:35 pm - MI
 Hi Deb,

I am a revisioner myself.  From a 2001 RNY to an 2008 ERNY.  Just curious....why did your doctor say you were "doomed to fail"?  Many Rnyers have some weight gain several years out from surgery.  Sometimes their pouch and/or stoma stretch causing mechanical failures or they did not have enough intestine bypassed.

Good Luck to you.

MEW

TryingHard18
on 4/30/10 11:05 pm - atlanta, GA
Thanks Deb!
I have a question for those who have undergone revision surgery or has decided on a TYPE of revision surgery already.

I would like to know which surgery is best to transition from RNY.   
I do not want Stomayphyx nor ROSE.     I was thinking about DS.  Is that a good one?
Any thoughts and comments are welcome.

Thank You.
shele
on 5/2/10 11:38 am
yes

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JustMe70
on 5/12/10 2:32 pm
I won my appeal and have a surgery date of 6/18........ironically this was my scheduled all out blow out 40th birthday party but I figured I fought so hard having the revision is the best present ever and I can have a party any time!

I am so happy.  Just got the news this morning had a date within an hour.  Took it all the way to the mat and beat the *******s!!!!!!!!!!!!
justdeb
on 5/12/10 10:54 pm - Eagle River, WI
YOU GO GIRL !!! CONGRATS AND BEST OF LUCK. 

MINE IS SCHEDULED FOR FIRST THING ON MAY 26TH, TWO DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY.

WHAT A GREAT PRESENT.

TAKE CARE,
DEB
JustMe70
on 5/12/10 11:56 pm
Congrats and Happy Birthday to you Deb.  Good luck, keep me posted.  May 26th was the 1st date they gave me (how funny is that!)  but I couldn't get everything done by then so I opted for 6/18. 
bhakes
on 5/13/10 1:00 am - North Vernon, IN
Thank you for your post, i was beginning to think i too was to blame, i mean i am to a certain point, i can't stop thinking about food and i don't eat a lot but i've gained probably about 50 pounds, i'm five years out as of yesterday.  I'd rather seek a new dr because i've asked for help from my original doctor and her nurse doesn't reply back when i've seeked help.  Suggestions.

Brenda
dixieann2
on 3/6/13 11:40 am - NY

I had a revision done, and I am gaining so much weight I am going back to my doctor on Friday, I don't what is going on, I am gaining more weight than I was, it is crazy, I started at 189, now I am 214, had it done in June 2013, need help i had gastrobypass, and he went in and removed ulcers and adhesions about 4 times, and then did revisions, I am scared and depressed, please respond to me anybody

justdeb
on 5/14/10 10:28 am - Eagle River, WI
Hi:  sorry i did not get  back to you...been very busy.  I would maybe go to your state forum to see if anyone there has a doctor they like who does revisions.  Other wise maybe try the doctor section on OH to see if you can find a doctor.  Don't give up .....   you are worth it.  

Keep searching....it took me 2 years to figure this out and then find a doctor.  I was shocked when he told me what he did.  

Take care,
Debbie

Most Active