Won my appeal!

JRinAZ
on 4/27/10 10:31 am - Layton, UT
Just came back from CA where I enjoyed a lovely vacation.  I drove past Dr. Keshishian's exit longingly wishing I could just pull in and hop on the O.R. table....but headed back to AZ only to find an approval to the denial in my mailbox!  dang!  I could have taken that exit and knocked on his door

I'm like the potential jittery bride....not going to believe it until there's a ring and a date!  LOL!

I'll call tomorrow to see what dates are open!!!!

Woo Hooooooooo!  Revision to DS!

I'm going to make out my pre-surgery menu's to include 5 protein drinks a day to "pump me up"!!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

sosoclark
on 4/27/10 2:26 pm - Sacramento, CA
What wonderful news for you!!!!!  keep me posted as to when and I will be praying for a speedy recovery for you too!!!!!!

Sophia
StacysMom
on 4/27/10 4:01 pm
 Congratulations to you, Joyce!  In your own immortal words:  Wooooo Hoooooo!

Deanne K.
on 4/28/10 1:43 am - Tucson, AZ
Congratulations Joyce.  Hope all goes well for you with no complications.
lwillis22
on 4/28/10 1:48 am

Joyce, My name is Lori and i was told to contact you in regards to some problems I have been having.  I have a strange body odor that I can't seem to get to go away.  I can not smell this but other people can and say it is horrible.  I am mordified and need to fix this.  I hear you had some of the same problems and you may be able to help me.  This is not BO and it is not bad breath or ketosis.  Can you please email me at [email protected].  Thanks, Lori

JRinAZ
on 4/28/10 4:53 am - Layton, UT
On April 28, 2010 at 8:48 AM Pacific Time, lwillis22 wrote:

Joyce, My name is Lori and i was told to contact you in regards to some problems I have been having.  I have a strange body odor that I can't seem to get to go away.  I can not smell this but other people can and say it is horrible.  I am mordified and need to fix this.  I hear you had some of the same problems and you may be able to help me.  This is not BO and it is not bad breath or ketosis.  Can you please email me at [email protected].  Thanks, Lori

Gheesh!  Who would have ever thunk that I'd be known as the Queen of Smell techniques!  LOL!

Seriously, I KNOW it's not funny and I totally feel your pain!  I have tried every possible thing you can imagine as have many friends in my network.  One gal was actually rinsing her mouth with clorox!  Desperate measure for sure but having an ODOR is one handicap that isn't announced with a seeing eye dog, a wheel chair or sign language.  People are disgusted by it and treat us like we have lepracy!  I thought once of having a t-shirt made up announcing it as a medical condition....y'know to wear on airplanes and such.  But...instead, I try to stay under the radaar.

Unfortunately there's not a perfect recipe for everyone.  Things working for some do NOT always work for others.  The biggest deal:

Stay AWAY from WHITE CARBS!!!!  Learn to look at them as "ph"art fuel!  Fats and sometimes beef can contribute to a skin odor.  Fried foods.  Yup....odor!  Spices....odor!  Gassy veggies...odor! 

If you are serious about killing your odor completely then here's the full plan.  Warning!  It is not for whimps!

1.  Go gluten free!
2.  Go lactose free!
3.  Go sugar free! (but stay away from the "tols" y'know like sorbitol, manitol....)
4.  Go lowfat!
5.  Drink pure water and go easy on the Crystal light and ditch the caffeine completely.
6.  Find an intense pro-biotic and work up to 2 or more a day.  (eat yogurt with the pro-biotics)
7.  Take:  BLACK Charco Caps (found in any drug store) ...1 a day or more
8.  I take Ginger Root Plus peppermint & mastic gum capsules from High Health
9.  I take Mega Chlorophyl capsules from High Health
10.  Pack a travel "scent" bag to take with you everywhere that includes lemon wipes, citrus body spray, gum, mints, etc.

# 7, 8 & 9 have been mixed up with all kinds of tries that people have recommended.  Some are expensive and can only be ordered over the internet.

What I find does NOT help:  Gas X, Beano, etc.

Shower often and focus more on what goes into your system.

The menu gets whittled down to a pretty short list but we can survive!  It's just not that much fun.  I'm hoping that by lengthening my common channel that my issues will be improved.

Hang in there.  Trial and error will help you find your personal recipe to feeling and smelling fresh!

I posted this publicly in case other's could benefit from the same information.  Let me know if you have other questions.  I am at [email protected]

Joyce 

JRinAZ
on 4/28/10 4:57 am - Layton, UT
Oops!  I forgot to add that you should check with your surgeon.  You may have a flair up of bacterial overgrowth or C-Diff going on and need to go through a course of Flagyl.

There are pros on the [email protected] site.  They've coached me through the worst of it. 

Honestly...I turned the corner when I went gluten free a year ago!  It's sooooo worth it.  No more painful bloating of my tummy either.....

When I hit a restaurant and accidentally get something that's NOT gluten free.....I react immediately...tummy swells like I'm going to deliver triplets, pain, odor.....

Good luck!

Joyce 

vitalady
on 4/28/10 12:25 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I have people. Date? Distsance from him to Hanford, CA. You will not do this without suppot

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Sarahlicious
on 5/5/10 5:59 am - Portsmouth, OH
Is 21.1 your current BMI?

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

JRinAZ
on 5/5/10 8:31 am - Layton, UT
On May 5, 2010 at 12:59 PM Pacific Time, Sarahlicious wrote:
Is 21.1 your current BMI?
It bounces between 20 and 22 but hopefully when the dust from my revision settles....I can get back to an 18 BMI.  My clothes are waiting patiently in the closet  My revision is for health/medical reasons and not weight loss.  I"m hoping to absorb some nutrients and get a life!

I'm actually going to be post-surgery and hanging in CA to recover when the O.H. event is going on in Costa Mesa.  I'm hoping to use my support group leader pass and slip in for a few minutes.  But....I've been told that's a crazy ambition.  We'll see.

I met you at the CA event a couple of years ago!  Will you be at this one again?  I understand Dr. Keshishian will be presenting so you could possible run some of your revision questions past him then?

Joyce 

Most Active