Dr. Greenbaum patients....

aqtnsc
on 4/25/10 4:08 pm
My surgery day is rapidly approaching! Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy! lol....I just have a few quick questions:

- What does Dr. G. use to close up the incision site(s)? (i.e; staples, stitches, etc.)
-Does Lourdes provide binders for patients? Is it upon request? If not, should I purchase one and bring it with me?
-Did you use the DS starter kit that is sold on Dr. G.'s online store? Were the vitamins satisfactory to you?
-What vitamins does Dr. G. recommend?

What else should I expect while I'm in New Jersey? I plan to be in NJ from June 24th-July 5th. Surgery is June 28. Is this a good time frame (if I have no complications?)

Thanks in advance for your responses!
(deactivated member)
on 4/27/10 5:37 am - Bayonne, NJ
Hola!

1. He used dissolving stitches and glue, I think. Nothing had to be removed, just the tape on top. It was neat and my scar looks great, better even than the one from my plastic surgeon.

2. Lourdes provides a binder but you may have to ask for it. When I was transferred from ICU to the bariatric ward, I lost mine. :(  

3. I didn't use the DS starter kit. I bought the chewables from Celebrate, and switched to regular vitamins after 6 weeks. I follow Vitalady's suggestions, since I think they're very comprehensive.

4. I never asked what Dr. G. recommends. He asked me if I were taking a multi, iron and calcium at the last checkup, and I told him I was taking a lot more than that. I rattled off a, d, e, k, iron, calcium, magnesium, c, multis, etc.

What to expect in NJ? Expect to be bored!   There isn't much going on down in Burlington County.  You might need more time on the other end, I don't know if he'll take out your drain & feeding tube that soon.  I had surgery Dec. 21, and my follow up was Jan. 8. That was a bit on the long side due to the holidays but I don't think I was ready to ditch the hardware at 7 days out, as much as I would have liked to.

aqtnsc
on 4/28/10 6:32 pm
Thank you Baileymouse! Continued success on your journey!
Firstlady215
on 4/28/10 7:48 am - elkins park, PA
Good info!!!! I am biting my nails right now- surgery is suppose to be in a
little over  two weeks!!
aqtnsc
on 4/28/10 6:22 pm
Firstlady,
You will be in great hands with Dr. G.! Its perfectly expected to be nervous though- I certainly am. Best of luck to you!
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 5:10 pm, edited 4/30/10 5:11 pm
Firstlady215, good luck and good health on your upcomming surgery.

Dana
(deactivated member)
on 4/30/10 5:10 pm
There's not much I can add here. But, just wanted to say GOOD LUCK and GOOD HEALTH to you. He's a great surgeon. Good person also.

Dana
Most Active