Why is regain so rapid compared to pre-op gain?

Sarahlicious
on 5/6/10 2:15 am - Portsmouth, OH
If insurance doesn't cover it I won't be having anything. Nor do I have money to travel, etc. I only have insurance with COBRA as I lost my job last June.  I'm sure a DS doc would say I'd be a great candidate for a revision, as would the doc who would want to band me, or the doc who would go in and take down more of the pouch surgically, I know all the options...I don't want more surgery right now. It took me to be 502 before I'd "risk" death to lose weight...this hasn't affected my life to the point of "I'd rather die that be this weight".

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

kjfras
on 5/6/10 4:02 am - North Lauderdale, FL
I can understand your point of view - you have other medical issues that will prevent you from achieve all your weight loss in the lower half of your body.  I don't have those extenuating cir****tances so it was easier for me to make that decision.

As for the ROSE, I have one of my managers who was approved thru insurance (Aetna) for her ROSE procedure that she is getting done next Monday at the University of Miami hospital.  I can send you her drs name if you want or you can look it up online as he is the head of the bariatric unit at that hospital. 

What ever choice you make will be the right one because it's your body.  I will support you no matter what your decision is! 

Good luck!! 

Kerry J                   Stillhopefull (Terry) is my Angel!!!! 
                                                    Angel to Baylady35310 (Linda)
7/9/01 RNY - 354 HW down to 192 LW
12/6/10 DS Revision - GW 170
DS HW 353
DS SW 332

DS CW 184 (-148 since surgery / -169 total) 

Plastics completed by Dr.Sauceda in MX 8/9/13 - LBL w anchor cut, long thigh lift, breast lift, butt augmentation and arm lift.               

Most Active