So confused

Sumr02
on 4/24/10 11:25 am
I'm so confused. I had RNY in 2002 and have had problems with reflux,stretched anastomosis,40 lb.gain and hiatel hernia. I have had 3 consults and most recent with Dr.Fielding in Manhattan. He wants to do BPD/DS.I asked on DS board if anyone has had this done and I was told to keep researching as this is not good enough and I should have full DS.My pouch has not stretched,I still have restriction at times and still dump. I was told to consult with Dr.Greenbaum in New Jersey.I have been to so many doctors about this  and thought I was making a well informed decision. Now I'm not so sure.Can anyone eho has had similar tell me their experience?Anyone with this surgical group tell their experience? Is it all just a matter of opinion for surgeon preference? Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 4/24/10 11:33 am - Bayonne, NJ
Currently, there are only 4 revision surgeons I would consider: Rabkin (CA), Keshishian(CA), Husted (KY) and Greenbaum (NJ). I did a lot of research ahead of time, and the only one on the east coast (currently) who is skilled in revisions is Dr. Greenbaum. Dr. Fielding doesn't even make the recommended list for DS surgeons, let alone revisions to the ds. You'd wind up with an ERNY and other issues.

I no longer have the severe problems I had with RNY. Had I not had the full revision, I would still have the vomiting that made me seek the revision.

Please check out DSfacts.com and talk to the people on the DS board. There are a bunch of us revision folk. Kerry is away but he's always a great resource.

Please, do yourself a favor and consult with Dr. Greenbaum.
Sumr02
on 4/26/10 4:41 am
I faxed 19 pages of history to Dr. Greenbaum this morning hoping to have phone consult. Can anyone tell me how long it takes for a response? I know they are really busy.And if I need to see him and switch to him as my surgeon what is the time frame? All my consults and tests are done and supposed to have surgery date in Ny for May that is why I'm asking .
Most Active