situs Inversus (posted on the main board)

(deactivated member)
on 4/24/10 6:31 am - CO
VSG on 09/20/12
 Posting this here to get more feedback, thanks.

I had an attempted VSG on March 25, 2010. My surgeon could not complete the surgery because of issues with my anatomy. After having a CT scan I have come to find out that I have this condition (situs inversus) I believe my heart and lungs are in the right place but everything else seems to be backwards or in unknown locations. My pancreas and liver appear to be growing into one another and were unrecognizable to the radiologist and my surgeon. I have been told that my surgeon is unable to perform ANY WLS on me because of safety reasons. Im not going to accept this but I know if I do find a surgeon willing to perform WLS it will be very risky. I know I'm not alone, and I'm asking anyone out there that may have this problem or any other high risk issues and were still able to get WLS to contact me. I would like to talk to you privately and maybe get info on your surgeon. To make matters worse this was a private pay deal and now I'm fighting with my insurance to pick up some of the tab for an "exploratory" surgery, and seem to be SOL. Am I destined to be fat? or be a yo-yo dieter until I die? I dunno but I hope not for my family's sake. Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

~Selina 

Murt
on 4/26/10 8:36 am - Thornton, CO

I wish I had an answer for you but unfortunately I don't.  I wanted to wish you good luck in your search.  My father has situs inversus complete (ALL internal organ are in backwards).  Recently he had a heart attack and it was the first stent his cardiologist ever put in someone that has situs inversus. 

Keep searching there has to be a doctor out there that can help you.

Myspace LayoutsMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace BackgroundsMyspace CodesMyspace Codesmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Most Active