Anyone have a band over a DS?

liquidl
on 4/22/10 12:22 pm
 I am considering adding a band over my DS and would like to know what kind of success others have experienced.  Tell me your story...  
Jackie P.
on 4/22/10 11:43 pm - College Station, TX
Hi there. I do not, but am considering a RNY to DS conversion and am curious about your story? Do you mind sharing?

Thanks,

Jackie

12/97 Molina Band 400 lbs
10/03 Revision to RNY by Dr. Dana Reiss @ 305 lbs.
1/05 TT/Hernia Repair, Dr. Sheryl Pilcher
4/06 LBL, Dr. Sheryl Pilcher
4/07 Medial Thighplasty, Dr. David Wishew
9/07 Brachioplasty, Mastopexy, Axilla Repair, Knee/Back lipo, Dr. David Wainwright

ronda-k
on 4/23/10 1:01 am
 Wow.  I too would like to hear your story.  I'm trying to start the exact opposite process and am quite curious!!
Ronda-SURVIVOR

starting wt-320
pre op-312
current-
(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 5:41 am - Bayonne, NJ
Where would you put it?
pycca
on 4/24/10 7:48 am - Haslet, TX
Why would you do that ???    the band destroyed my insides... I would think checking to see of stretched stomach needs revising or common channel if having issues

Emily F.
on 4/25/10 9:36 am
I wouldn't think it was possible with the stomach being so small. Never heard of it.
For great WLS info join me here  www.dsfacts.com
kitkat24
on 4/25/10 10:10 am
Dr. K does a 50 cm common channel.  That is the shortest of any DS surgoen out there.  

Body by God; alterations by Buchwald.  I love Jesus.  I so so so appreciate my DS.

Kim E.
on 4/28/10 5:27 am - VA
Hello - I am a band revision to DS. 

I would think if you are a carbalcoholic and are unable to lose your desired weight through the DS, then yes the added lap band may help you. I say this because when you eat the rice and the breads and the pastas, etc, the band will make you throw it all back up. 

Having said that you will also NOT be able to eat the amount of real protein that you can without the band. With the DS you are used to eating your chicken, steak, burgers etc. just like anyone with a normal stomach opening.  With the band - you can still eat these items, but you will be chewing your food to a baby food consistency just so you can get the 3-4 ozs of protein through the band.

With the band over the DS you will end up drinking all of your protein just to stay healthy.  You will be taking one vitamin/supplement at a time because you cannot gulp them down or gulp water down either. With the band you will have 3-6 band fills to schedule and pay for BEFORE you notice any added restriction.  With the band you will have a foreign object building scar tissue around your stomach and a port right under your skin.

So please RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH before you go cutting again.

Good luck !

Kim

Kim 

Lap Band March 2007- SW = 310
DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160
Colon Cancer Survivor and Obesity Survivor - Can't do much better then that !!  ENJOY !!!

Most Active