Revisions? Rose Procedures? Help!!

millikan01
on 4/21/10 10:04 am
Hi! I had a RNY gastric bypass in Sept 08 and lost about 120lbs from my highest weight of 344.4.  Currently, my weight loss has stalled for the past 5 months and I gained about 9lbs. I feel no more pouch restriction.  I met with a surgeon today who wants to do an EGD in order to see whats going on with my stoma and pouch.  My question is...what is a Rose procedure and is it effective?  Should I consider revising to a different surgery? I still have about 60 more lbs to reach my goal, so I am concerned.  I don't want to wait another year or so, only to gain more weight and then be in a bad situation.  Please advise.  Thanks!
RNY 9/24/08
Surgery Weight - 344.4 
Revision to DS 9/22/10
Surgery Weight - 231.0 
Plastics 4/14/11 
Surgery Weight - 211.0
Current Weight - 179.8
Goal Weight - 160.0
I am staring at Ambition, shaking hands with Success, and smiling at Determination - What are YOU doing? *smirk*

"They ON IT cause they WANT IT!"

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 8:15 am - Bayonne, NJ
The Rose and Stomaphyx are ineffective. The only posts that were on here that touted those options were from shills. Everyone who has had the procedure done has said they lost during the liquid diet and then regained it all. Insurance won't cover it because it doesn't work.

I revised to a DS because it's the most effective for permanent weight loss. I did a lot of research before choosing (I'm a librarian, it's what I do) and I am now seeing it possible to get to a normal bmi - something I couldn't do with RNY.
Most Active