At what point do you decide to go from RNY to DS?

altheda71
on 4/20/10 11:03 pm - Bear, DE
I'm a recent RNYer and I was just wanting to get informed about what makes a person need to move from a RNY to a DS.  I know some women who have had the RNY for many years and are still struggling with their weight loss...some have gained....some have never gotten down to the ideal weight or even near it for various reasons.  Having been on OH, I wonder why they are not pursuing the revision to DS.  I'm feeling great and at almost a month out I'm doing fine, but I like to get understanding about a thing well in advance of ever having to use the knowledge.

So, if you'd be so kind as to share what the cir****tances were leading up to your revision from a RNY to DS...I'd greatly appreciate it and I will share it with others that may not know about this option.

Thanks

May God bless us in all of our endeavors.  May He forgive us for our frailties and our vanities and bless us to be prosperous in health, soul, and in life.            
mspppants
on 4/21/10 8:13 am - Leicester, NC
You might want to come on over to the DS board and ask this question.  There are several people there who have revised from RNY to DS.  Here:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/a,messageboard/board_id,5357/

come on over, introduce yourself, and you'll get plenty of answers.

pp

(deactivated member)
on 4/23/10 5:57 am - Bayonne, NJ
I revised. I had RNY in 2003. The doctor who did it put a prolene mesh band around my stoma.

1. I never got to goal.
2. I had constant reflux and vomiting from the band.
3. I was miserable.

Last summer I decided to look into surgery and after reading everything I decided the DS was the best option, and after talking to Dr. Greenbaum I felt I made the best possible choice.
Most Active