Please I need HELP Don't Know what to DO

MamaofTwins
on 4/17/10 10:36 am
Hey Everyone I had Lap band 2 years ago, It was great in 1 year i lost 105pds then got pregnant  had a baby, The dr took out all the fluid in my band when i got pregnant so once i had the baby i went back to get my fill and it has been HELL since i could not keep anything down not even when he just put 2cc in the band so now the Dr is saying a have a slip in the band and i have to have a revision to fix it or to put a new band in I am so mad I loved my band i went from 266 to 165 in one year and now i am back to 210 it sucks i don't know what to do I have twin girls that are 4 years and a baby that is 5 month's old i cant  go thur everything all over what could i DO PLEASE HELP 
Caleña M.
on 4/17/10 12:11 pm
Hi MamaofTwins,

I also had lapband almost 2 years ago, and I only lost 20lbs.  I also was terrified and scared at the thought of having WLS and not loosing weight.  First thing I did was come to terms with my feelings, and on this board found lots of very good information.  I explored my options.  I was scared out of my wits thinking I would have to go through another surgery.

I decided I could not live with this band - dieting and  excercising to maintain 20 lbs loss.  I learned this surgery failed me.  I sought other options, and for me, a revision to this WLS was an option - my insurance covers it.  I looked into RNY and DS as revision options.  

After much research,  and consultation with various surgeons experienced in all WL surgeries, I am now pre-op for revision to DS.   If you are interested in learning about the DS, go to the DS forum, and also dsfacts.com. 

DS SW - 201 4/21/11; GW 130
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/18/10 1:50 am - Tuvalu
 What's your BMI now?
MamaofTwins
on 4/18/10 10:01 am
my BMI is 32.2 before band i was 266 one year after band i was 165 Now i am 210
jeanyjane
on 4/19/10 8:39 am - Germany
You need a revision ASAP - but PLEASE do not get another band. The chance that a new band will make problems too is very, very high. Look into the sleeve or the DS - given that you lost well with the band (=restriction) alone, the sleeve might be a great choice for you. If you don`t know what the sleeve and the DS are, do your homework and educate yourself!!!
Most Active