Four Year Bandiversary Today!!! Before & After Pics

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 1:20 am, edited 4/19/10 10:33 pm

Four years ago I had a revision to the Lap-band after having had a VBG in 1987.     I went from 251 lbs day of surgery down to 124 lbs. twenty months later to reach goal.     It took me four months to reach good restriction but it's been smooth sailing since then really.    Due to the stress of a family situation with my elderly mom I have put on some weight the last 6 - 9 months even got up as far as 145 lbs but now am back down to 136 lbs.  I plan on getting back down to 118 lbs (below goal) as I'm only 5'2 and tiny boned.    At two years out I was down to 117.6 lbs. for several months and loved it. lol

I pretty well eat whatever I want only now I'm satisfied with smaller portions.   Unfortunately I never really got into exercising and have severe back (and now leg issues) but I try to walk as much as I can.     I have a great group of fellow wls friends I've met in person at support groups, dinners, etc. and they have made this journey so much easier.    I also have a fantastic surgeon Dr. Chris Cobourn who I think is amazing and really cares for his patients.

One thing I can't state enough is with the band you need an excellent band clinic who offers lifetime support at no extra charge.  Mind you I haven't needed an adjustment in about two years I think and I think in a total of 4 years banded I may have thrown up a total of three times.

Below is a pic of me taken yesterday weighing 136 lbs and the next photo is me prebanding weighing about 255 lbs.  (Sorry the old pic is so small but my daughter didn't know how to enlarge a scanned photo.)   The only downer is turning 50 this summer my skin no longer has much elasticity so I definitely could do with a lower face lift that would fix the sagging skin and turkey neck.    Can't justify the price right now though and the main thing is I am so much healthier now it ain't funny.

JRinAZ
on 4/18/10 1:32 pm - Layton, UT
Congrats Donna!  You look great!!!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

(deactivated member)
on 4/18/10 10:52 pm
Thanks Joyce!
mrlddst
on 4/21/10 5:54 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Looking good!!