New drama with insurance

Karla S.
on 4/15/10 11:24 pm
Just when I thought it wouldn't get more confusing...

SO, my ins (UHC) told my dr they would cover removing my band and replacing it with another band, but not converting to the sleeve because my policy had a "one per lifetime" clause.

Well, I got on the phone with our benefits person, who originally said the same thing, but then couldn't find anything in writing that said that.  So then she calls me and tells me that she'd been on the phone with our co-ordinator at UHC who said that I didn't meet the "qualifications and conditions" for a revision to another type of surgery.  Our benefits lady didn't have a list of those either, but said the ins co should have given them to my dr.

So I'm on the phone to my dr right now to see what the list is. 

Anybody else have this nonsense going on???
Sarahlicious
on 4/16/10 1:42 pm - Portsmouth, OH
Sounds like you benefits person is on your side....appeal appeal appeal...and YOU have the right to see those qualifications and conditions...you are the patient/member/customer.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

stillhopefull
on 4/16/10 10:48 pm
 If you don't mind let me know what you find out.  I also have UHC with the once a lifetime surgery and am seeking RNY to DS.  I have to see PUL and then I will be filing.  Would like to know what is ahead and how to deal with it so I can be prepared.
 for kjfras (Kerry) 

Terry     
Most Active