Scared about leaking!

sweetchef
on 4/15/10 10:54 am - West warwick, RI
 Hi! Having a revision April 28th with Dr. lautz in Ma.  I am nervous about leaking- words of encouragement are appreciated. Straight breakdown and rebuild of RNY
teegeezfun
on 4/17/10 7:37 am - Lawrence, MA
hi, i am also having a revision with dr. lautz. not scheduled until late august.  also a revision of rny.  when i had my first procedure in 1990 they did not remove the stomach that was stapled off.  nowadays they do.  this IS scary, but this guy is the best in the area and does the most of these things.  i have faith in him. 
sweetchef
on 4/20/10 10:32 am - West warwick, RI
 Thanks for your kind words.  I know he is a great Doc and I am so thankful he agreed to do my revision, no one in RI will do them.  I am on a liquid diet with 2 pieces of fruit salad and chicken for dinner until th day before surgery- I'll keep you posted! Good luck!
Monique H.
on 4/21/10 1:17 am
I think surgeons are really careful when it comes to revisions and leaks. I had my pouch redone and had no problems. Good luck to you!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active