kind of out there question

Karla S.
on 4/14/10 1:40 pm
My insurance will cover removal of my band and replacement with another band, but I really want to go to a sleeve, which they won't cover. 

Is it possible to have the band removed (and covered by insurance) and then pay for the sleeve part of the surgery, if it is all done in one surgery ??

I meet with my dr next thurs and plan to ask them, but was wondering if anyone here had an idea.
melissan501
on 4/14/10 11:24 pm
Hello my name is Melissa Neeley I live close to Little Rock Arkansas.I had gastric bypass surgery in  November 30,2000 and the suregon I had was not good.Three weeks after first surgery had abcess they had to cut me back open leave me open to drain to heal inside and out.Then three weeks later my body was shuting down and I had a hernia that ruputered out of my stomach while it was stikll healing .I died twice on operating table was on TBP bag and was very sick,but I recovered.I've had several problems since then hernias and the mesh they put around the hernia they recalled and I had to have it removed and so know my food doesn't digest and I really need a revision.I've gained all but maybe 55 or 60 lbs back and I would love it get it back off.I'm now a diabetic .There is no doctor in Arkansas that can help me. I have medicare Today's Option PPO until November of this year and then it goes back to orginal medicare.Can someone tell me of a really good doctor that can do a revision with my insurance I have no supplement insurance only medicare.lease help I'm in desperate need .Thank you and God Bless Melissa Neeley
Most Active