Band removed on Mon. drainage tube put in

LadyVine
on 4/14/10 8:28 am - Cedar Hill, TX
RNY on 07/12/10 with
I had my band removed on Monday, its the first step in the revison process. I wished they had did both at the sametime, but I'm one step closer to bypass. I have  a tube that fluid is draining from, did anyone else have this tube, its staying in til friday
beth brown
on 4/14/10 12:28 pm - Marshall, MO
Hi There ,

Just wanted to say sorry to hear that you have that darn drain , them things are no fun at all that's for sure . Not sure if it the same one or type that I had but I had the JP drain (jackson priat ) and it was horriable , I had them with 2 c-sections tho and I got an infection both times , but hey just make the best of it and look at it as you already said ...your one step closer.

Take Care , Beth
emjayel56
on 4/15/10 2:20 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

I had my band removed in August but they did bypass same day and yes I had 2 drains in me.  One came out day after the surgery and the other one a week later.  I know it is annoying.  I felt so muchbetter when it came out.

Good luck to you and as you said you are one step closer to your goal!  All the best.

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

LadyVine
on 4/15/10 3:21 am - Cedar Hill, TX
RNY on 07/12/10 with
Thanks for the feedback, just gotta make it through today. It gets removed tomorrow
Tammey
on 6/3/10 2:45 pm - Ashford, CT
I had the vbg 6/06. Pure hell no other way to put it. I went in on 4/26/10 had the revision came home on wed and had a birhtday party for one of our children. THE BEST THING I EVER DID. No vomiting anymore. I was tired of vomiting, sometimes it would be just from a sip of coffee. When Dr. Tishler did the revision he called my husband he told hime he couldn't get his smallest tool through the hole. I had the JP tube in as well. Just make sure it is pinned up close enough to the stab wound so it doesn't get pulled. DEEP BREATH WHEN HE TAKES IT OUT.It's not painful just a funky sensation. Good luck Tammey
Most Active