lapband

dana712
on 4/11/10 9:46 am
HIi
Anyone have sucess with a lapband over a rny?
thanks
Dana

Lucy M.
on 4/12/10 4:17 am - Conway, SC
Hi Dana.

I had a realize band put over my RNY.

I wish I never did that. I've had more problems with the band. Many fills and unfills, throwing up with meals even when I ate small pieces and chewed....

I landed up gaining weight with the band instead for two reasons: One, I was eating crap - the only foods that would stay down and couldn't tolerate much protein. Of course, since I was so depressed - I started grazing and eating the junk foods to pacify me.

I wouldn't do it if Ihad to do it all over again. Now I am looking into getting a revision to a DS.

The life of a band patient is so much more difficult than the RNY. My advice, don't do it. But, again that is me.

Research the heck out of it and get some input from others who had a band over the RNY.

My post-op recovery was much more painful with the band because of the port that is attached to the body. My RNY was a snap - not much pain at all.

And, some of the insurance companies do not cover fills. I've never thrown up so much in my life. I'm almost 2 years post band insertion and even last week, I threw up my breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have a great surgeon but the band was the worst thing I did in my life.

Lucy

484.8/383.4/241/188/150 
                  Sexy 
Pre-op/RNY day/pre DS day/current/goal-  Realize Band 5/15/08; RNY 6/8/05, Removal Band and RNY to DS 8/25/10. RNY & Band surgeon was Dr. Guske.

Most Active