Zero Limitations.... many questions!!

canshi
on 4/12/10 3:48 am - Canada
OKay, So here is my story... I had my surgery April 23/2009 and everything was great!!! Fabulous.... AMAZING!! The weight was falling off my leaps and bounds and by Christmas Eve I had dropped from my starting weight of 302.2 lbs to 138.8, almost at my 130 lb goal. I was so happy and so excited, people were jealous of my success and did the whole you look TOOOOOO skinny you need to put some more meat on, ANYWAYS.... my problems started that very day, it all started with sampling, sampling foods I shouldn't have been eating and sampling foods that should have had a HUGE affect on me, stuff that should have made me sick, like really sick, stuff that shouldn't have gone down in a million years since having the gastric bypass surgery, and since then everything has snowballed BIG TIME!!!
My weight is starting to sky rocket fast!! And now my doctor thinks something is wrong with my pouch and now I have to go have an endoscopy done in two days to see if it has stretched!!!! :( I was never warned as to how fast it can stretch but I am very confused, my MIL had the surgery over 2 years ago and eats what she wants but more within reason as she does fill up, I'm basically at square one, I've become the eating machine I once was (burgers, fries, cakes, random nothingness when there isn't any sort of snack food or quick at hand items)
I need help!!! Any suggestions are welcome!! Please help... has anyone restretched their pouches? How fast did it happen for you?? DId you have revision surgery?? Are there people who have had revision surgery recently?? HELP!!!
StephOinAZ
on 4/21/10 3:16 pm

I'm hoping that if I respond to this it will bump it back up in the postings so that you can get someone with experience to help you.

I had lap-band so I'm not sure, but I know that I never had any restriction with my band...so I do feel your pain.  Your story sounds like many I've read here on the revision board, so I'm sure you're not alone.  That's part of the reason for the revisions.

Good luck to you!!

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/10 3:28 pm
I too have been discouraged with weight gain and being able to eat way more than I ought to be able to eat after having RNY Gastric Bypass 4 years ago.  I have regained 60 of the 120 I lost and I never did get down to goal (started at 330 and stopped losing at 190 then it started creeping back up).  If you find out more about how to lose weight or whether to revise, let me know.  My e-mail is [email protected]
Most Active