Losing weight before a revision

KyleBeth
on 4/9/10 10:43 am - Erie, PA
So I think my doctor is going to want me to lose 20-30lbs prior to surgery to make sure "i'm dedicated"..... He wanted me to do this when I was scheduled before and then I found out I was pregnant.

Dude...... I would give anything to lose 20-30lbs.. it's just not that easy... and to put a timeline on it. Should I just stop eating? I will find out May 7th for sure... I just don't know how to accomplish this in a 2 month period.

I'm having a revision because I have not stomach... everything I eat goes straight to my intestines... so I never feel full... this makes it exteremely hard because I always feel hungry.

HELP!!! How can I accomplish this task??
Lilypie - (b6LK)      Lilypie - (evIs)
kamelion63
on 4/9/10 11:17 am - McKinney, TX
That sounds like a lot but it will only kick start your journey!  Maybe you could eat lots and lots of vegetables. You know the ones that burn more calories than you eat....

I have lost a lot of weight eating chicken and vegetables in a short time 30lbs in two months and more excercise that anyone could stomach. Of course we all know how long it takes for the weight to come back....LOLOL but you will have your revision for that.

Some have used phentermine but I know that is not for everyone....

Anyhow, GOOD LUCK!
Kamelion63

Lap Band 10/2007 Had complications  - waiting on approval to have band removed and revised to RNY with NEW surgeon Dr. Nicholson!

HW 315 SW 286 CW285 GW 180

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain
Debbie M.
on 4/11/10 12:06 am
My surgeon didn't require I do that before my revision but I was so uncomfortable and miserable I did.  I joined weigh****chers and lost 20lbs in 2 months pretty easily.  Just a better way to eat, better for your body, surgery is hard on us, I think it's good to do anything you can to make it easier on you and your surgeon.  I think your doctors reasoning is crap, "to see how dedicated you are".  phulllezzz

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

mew6495
on 4/11/10 12:14 am - MI
 When I had my revision, I did not have the requirement to loose weight before the procedure.  My surgeon wanted me on a low fat, high protein diet which gradually adjusted down to a liquid diet a couple of days prior to my surgery to shrink my liver.

I have read a report that stated there are two reasons surgeons are requesting this now.  1.  to shrink the liver so the surgery is easier to perform and 2. they claim to be finding that individuals who loose weight prior to the surgery are more successful with the WLS after it is done.   Sorry I did not keep the link or the article to the above mentioned statements.  

Good Luck,
MEW

Most Active