Revision approved

Nannette
on 4/9/10 5:26 am - Toms River, NJ
I am in the same position -- Almost 8 yrs out from RNY surgery (June 2003), lost 180 pounds, gained back 60 -- have an enlarged stoma and am just starting to look into the DS.  Can you tell me what you had to go thru in order to get approval?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

nmroxie
on 4/10/10 2:45 am, edited 4/10/10 2:54 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
 I started researching it about a year ago and finally mentioned it to my regular doctor (the doctor who did my original surgery moved to another state.)  He was very supportive and referred me to a fantastic bariatric surgeon. We started the process in January. Most of the pre-op approval stuff was the same as the first time.  I had to see him for 3 recorded months etc. Once I got everything done my dr.'s office sent it all in and it took Aetna only two weeks to approve.  The staff is amazing and are so organized.  I hope yours goes as well!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/10 12:24 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Awesome news! We DS revisionistas seem to be doing very well.
nmroxie
on 4/12/10 7:25 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
I love that term "revisionistas"!  I will post and update soon after the surgery okay? Thanks for your note!
daisylou1976
on 4/8/10 2:44 pm - , Canada
Yay!  Congratulations to you!!!  I'm sure you will get to finish what you started.  Good luck!  Wow, that's right around the corner :)

Sandi

tmjuarez
on 4/8/10 11:03 pm - Arlington, TX
Congrats! I am with Aetna as well..it only took them 2 days to approve me for my revision. I am having my lap band taken out and going to a bypass. I am having my surgery May 7th.
nmroxie
on 4/10/10 2:57 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
 Thanks for your post. I will be thinking good thoughts for you as you begin the second part of your journey! 
mrlddst
on 4/8/10 11:23 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I have Aetna as well.  Was there anything you needed to submit such as documenation for 3 or 6 months diet in order to get approved?
Lapband done 6/19/2006 Removed 11/19/2009
Sleeve done 7/29/2010 SW: 228/CW:197/GW:137

nmroxie
on 4/9/10 12:51 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
 A lot of the documention and requirements were the same as 8 years ago.  I had to have 3 months of visits recorded with my doctor, pyschological testing, nutritionist, cardio stress test, labs, etc. all had be completed before paperwork turned in to Aetna.  My dr. was very organized as far as the paperwork and list of things I needed to do. 
Jersey Girl
on 4/9/10 1:02 am
Congratulations!!!  Who is your surgeon?
Most Active