Revision approved

nmroxie
on 4/8/10 10:52 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
I just received the good news that my revision was approved by Aetna! I am 8 years post-op of RNY and am excited to finish my journey!  Lost 160 lbs, gained back 60 lbs and now will hopefully complete what I started! So grateful for insurance - only took 2 weeks to approve!!  Surgery scheduled for May 3 - keep me in your prayers!
nmroxie
on 4/8/10 10:55 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
I forgot to add that my revision is from RNY to DS - best long term solution!
Eleonore
on 4/8/10 11:59 am - New Jersey

Wishing you a safe revision surgery, speedy and easy recovery and all the best as you begin your exciting journey. I hope to be on the loser's bench soon too!

nmroxie
on 4/9/10 12:53 am - Lake Dallas,, TX
Thank you for your good thoughts!  I had forgotten what a great resource this website was, especially for support and understanding of where you are in your journey.  Have a blessed day!
beth brown
on 4/9/10 1:41 am - Marshall, MO
Hi Kerry ,

I was reading one of your post and you were talking about a protien shake that is really good and I lost the paper that I had wrote the name down on . I am 6 yrs post op from rny/lap , but I have put some weight back on ...but I have got to get back to the basics and hopfully get this weight off again.

I have also enjoyed reading your post and your journey on your profile is amazing and provides such an inspiration for us all...so I have always wanted to say THANK YOU !!

I too wanted to have a revision from rny to DS but I cannot get it approved ...have had a perfferered ulcer and iron defficant and WEIGHT GAIN as well , but my ins that I have now has a bariartric exclusion and well I guess I need to appeal there decision but not really sure even were to start .  Any thoughts on that ?

Okay well thanks and have a nice day .

Beth 
Kerry J.
on 4/9/10 8:54 am - Santa Clara, UT
Hi Beth,

That really sucks about your insurance; I'm not one who knows much about that; my insurance doesn't cover anything to do with WLS, so I self paid. You should post about it over on the DS Forum, there are some real sharp insurance people there and they have helped many get the DS covered through the appeals process.

As for the Protein Shakes; the ones I like best are Champion Nutrition Pure Whey Stack, my favorite flavor is Cookies & Cream, my wife Barb likes Chocolate best; but they're all good IMO. They're really not like a "shake" either, they're more like drinking chocolate milk; they're pretty thin. I mix mine with whole milk, Barb uses skim, some people like water or coffee. You really should try some samples from Vitalady and see what you like best before your order a 2 or 5 lb. tub.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, and I really would post over on the DS Forum about your insurance.

Kerry 
(deactivated member)
on 4/12/10 2:59 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Same thing here.  I had RNY 10 years ago and need a revision. I have the bariatric clause too where the surgeon and hospital has to be COE, but there are non in CA.  Then my nay sayers tell me, it's because people have compications and that she has seen some of my potential surgeon's patients in one of our local hositals with problems.  What to do.  I just feel like if I have the lap band on top of my RNY, it just won't work long term.
beth brown
on 4/12/10 11:07 pm - Marshall, MO

Yea , I agree too .... I have thought about the band as well , but I have heard just that ...that thee outcome is usually min weight loss , and seriously I need to drop aboiut 100 bs again .

lmwdezertgrl
on 4/8/10 11:56 pm - hampton, VA
I PM'd you about your insurance but I forgot to ask who is doing your revision. CONGRATULATIONS!! I am also a 10 year old RNY and have gained about 60 pounds back...not happy!
Most Active