Discouraged today

Dreamingirl80
on 4/7/10 8:13 am - Shelton, WA
In August of 2007, I had RNY and lost about 125 lbs. I had my surgery revised this last Nov and at almost 5 months out have lost about 57 lbs since. In the grand scheme of things, I have lost over 180 lbs but I'm feeling discouraged. I'm working so hard to get this weight off, I am physically and emotionally drained. My doctor tells me not to get discouraged because weight comes off slower with revision surgery. I'm just so scared of failing. I still have a long way to go and don't want to lose my willpower now. Has anyone else had slow weightloss since revision surgery? Guess I need to know that what I am going through is actually common and not something I'm told to feel better. Any words of encouragement and or advice would be wonderful. Thanks!

flucca
on 4/7/10 9:47 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
what type of revision did you have?
Dreamingirl80
on 4/7/10 10:20 am - Shelton, WA
I had my previous RNY revised with another RNY. Wanted the DS but I was advised by my surgeon against it.

Debbie M.
on 4/11/10 12:14 am

I revised from an RNY to DS on 2/17.  I lost 40lbs FAST - then was stalled for a month.  Scale just started moving again.  It is slower - but every pound makes me happy.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/10 2:57 am - Bakersfield, CA
I have a consult with Dr. K this week.  I had one RNY friend who has two cousins who did the DS and can't get back higher than 110 lbs.  She tells me lots of patients are going to San Joaquin for repairs.  I see a lot of you guys from Dr. K on here and you guys are doing great.

Any helpful advice and things I should ask at my consult.  I did RNY 10 years ago and regain every pound. after losing 120
Debbie M.
on 4/13/10 3:02 am
I don't know what to tell you as far as questions to ask.  If I were you I'd read his website and dsfacts.com and see if any questions come to mind  I asked him how long he'd make my common channel.  Why the RNY has such a high failure rate (wish I'd known that 8 years ago).  Anyway, he is an amazing man and surgeon, you'll be in good hands with him.
Debbie.

SW 358/CW 201/Goal - anything below 160
Angel to TEAZ (Michelle)

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/10 4:57 am - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you Debbie.  Were you able to get your insurance to pay?  How long was your surgery?  Did you do surgery in Glendale?  How was it afterwards and the weeks to follow.  Does it feel similar to when you had your RNY?
mew6495
on 4/11/10 12:25 am - MI
 I had a revision in 2008 from a 2001 RNY.  I would say my loss was "medium".  Not as fast as the first time around, but not as slow as others.  I am at my goal, actually slightly below it now.  I went from a RNY to an ERNY.  Seemed once I started focusing less on the scales it helped with the emotional side of it.

It's not a race.  I know we would all like to see it gone over night.  You will get there.  Use your "tool" as it was intended and it will work out.

Good Luck to you, I hope you feel better soon.
MEW

Most Active