revision only on the common limb?

pam_b
on 4/7/10 8:54 am
I'm going to have a revision of my RNY, but the doctor is only doing surgery on the
common limb. Has anyone heard of this or had it done. If so have you lost any
weight??
JRinAZ
on 4/7/10 2:51 pm - Layton, UT
On April 7, 2010 at 3:54 PM Pacific Time, pam_b wrote:
I'm going to have a revision of my RNY, but the doctor is only doing surgery on the
common limb. Has anyone heard of this or had it done. If so have you lost any
weight??
Yikes!  It sounds like an ERny (aka extended Rny).  Do oodles of research before scheduling a date!

check out this thread:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4150278/Input-on- Extended-RNY/#33932690

check out www.dsfacts.com for revision guidance:)

Good luck!

Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

vitalady
on 4/8/10 5:40 am - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
What exactly are you going to revise to? Got numbers.

Revising the common channel is one thing. Just extending an upper limb is entirely something else.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

pam_b
on 4/8/10 7:52 am
It is the common channel. I do not have any numbers.
Need to have another talk with the surgeon but he is
out of town.
StacysMom
on 4/8/10 9:26 am
 A lot of folks had this surgery in 2008 and 2009.    Some docs call it the ERNY (Extended RNY) and some call it a "distal revision".  I have been following their progress.  Some met their expectations, some had problems metabolically and some didn't lose any weight at all!   Now, I see a lot of people coming onto this board asking questions about  this same surgery as more and more surgeons are adding it to their repertoires as a "cure" for regain (especially now that the stats have come in on the ROSE and Stomaphyx failures).   The ROSE and Stomaphyx were being touted by the same docs as the "cure" before they all jumped on this new "bandwagon".   

I've answered some of your questions on another person's thread.  

Here is a link to my post on that thread:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4150932/Positive-revisio n-experiences/#33945788
pam_b
on 4/8/10 2:35 pm
Stacy's Mom,

Thank you sooo much for the info!! I am reading all your posts.
Answered most all my questions. Thanks again!!

Pam
StacysMom
on 4/9/10 5:35 am
 Good luck to you in your quest!   May you have a quick insurance approval and an uneventful and safe surgery!  And, research, research, research!!!
pam_b
on 4/9/10 3:42 am, edited 4/9/10 4:22 am
Cancelled ERNY surgery.
Going for the DS.
So Happy!!
Most Active