I am home from the hospital and starting stage 2... just in time Nectar arrives

Cathleen S.
on 4/2/10 9:01 am
Came home from the store today to find my Syntrax Nectar had arrived. Cappucino Latte, Vanilla Beane Torte, and Chocolate Truffle, along with FitNutz Sugar free chunky, and some SF Torani syrups. I might have to do liquids for the next 3 weeks but at least I now feel prepared!

Thanks to all who posted thier favorites and recipes that I will be mixing up for the next little while!

~Any reality you can imagine~

Valerieb09
on 4/2/10 12:40 pm - Seacoast, NH
Hi Cathleen,
How did your surgery go?  I loved the Syntrax Nectar flavors....I didn't have those flavors but they sure sound good...the Torani syrups are good...I have the vanilla and just started making my own iced coffee with my Keurig coffee maker using the vanilla....

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

Cathleen S.
on 4/2/10 2:54 pm
It went really well! LOVED the nurses and CNA's on the 15th floor! I had two roommates in my two night stay both total sweethearts. I am told that the surgery went off without a hitch. No naseau or vomitting this time. I told any one who would listen ahead of time that these are side effects for me, so they prepared me well. The NG tube caught me off guard but once I got used to it even that was ok. It came right out the next day following the upper gi.
I was in at 7:30am and was out at 11am walking around by 2:30, no issues.
Although first night home got a low grade fever but that resolved no issue.
Today though I am breaking out in my seasonal allergy hives and they are making me itch like a loon.
So far so good, hope all continues to be smooth! I asked for a Keurig for xmas but santa must have forgotten.... jealous.....lol
I will keep checking in!

Valerieb09
on 4/3/10 1:25 pm - Seacoast, NH
I am glad to hear everything went really well!  Yes, the nurses on that floor are terrific.  Most of mine were young and had gone to school at UNH which is here in NH near where I live.  I knew about the NG tube but that didn't stay in too long.
Oh your surgery was much shorter than mine....I was in the OR for 5 hours but remember he had adhesions to deal with with me from when I had the kidney out and I had to have an umbilical hernia repaired.  I had a low grade fever too....that's why he kept me in the hospital for five days cause I live 90 miles away from the hospital.
Oh wow I have never had hives...can you take something?  But right now pills are out for awhile. I am glad everything is going smoothly for you.  Take it easy and if you get tired lay down and take a nap.  I had to do that the first two weeks.  I tried not to nap...lol...but found myself sitting up and nodding off.
I bought the Keurig for myself for Xmas...lol....I love it...I just ordered the iced coffee cup they sell special to go with it so I can start making my own iced coffee.  I spend too much at Dunkin Donuts on their coconut iced coffees.  I am going to try to find some coconut flavored Torani to make these at home.  The nut didn't say much when I told her I had iced coffee everyday in the morning.  I can't have too much caffeine as I am ADHD and you are supposed to reduce your caffeine intake when you take Adderall.
You'll find life a whole lot easier now for eating...I could kick myself for having got the band and being in denial over the eating issues I had.  I can eat so normal now you would never ever know I had WLS. I couldn't eat anything before and really missed stuff like meat, broccoli, salad, etc. 
Please keep checking in!  I am always interested in how Dr. Lautz's other revision patients are doing...not that I don't care about his other patients but us revisioners are a little unique.

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/10 1:19 pm - Bayonne, NJ
Nectar is great. It's the only one I like, and it's a great way to get in liquids as well as protein.  Keep on chugging!
Cathleen S.
on 4/4/10 12:14 am
It is quite tasty, but I think I may no longer be able to tolerate cow's milk. I think I will try water, or maybe almond or soy milk. Thanks for the support!

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/10 12:17 am - Bayonne, NJ
I'm lactose intolerant and the nectar is one of the few I can tolerate. I use lactaid pills with it.

You can try egg white protein or soy. I bought soy but I don't use it daily.
Cathleen S.
on 4/4/10 6:13 am
I totally didn't even think of lactaid! Awesome, wish the store was open. I will pick some up tomorrow. Thank you so much!

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/4/10 2:45 am - Tuvalu

Do you visit the eggface blog?  She has HER  desserts.  You might be able to use as is or adapt for your needs:
theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/08/protein-ice- cream.html
Cathleen S.
on 4/4/10 6:16 am
WoW! I may never have to buy another cookbook again! Thanks so much for the link, that was so helpful. I bet I could get the whole family to try most of those recipes. Thanks for the help and advice! ~Cathleen

Most Active