Protien Shakes...

beth brown
on 3/31/10 4:22 pm - Marshall, MO

Hello ,

Its been almost 6 years out for me and I am almost back to were I started and I am thinking about TRYING to get back to the basics and do a liquid diet for a few months and I am not current on the good stuff as far as shakes and stuff . 

I was denied a revision , I have BC/BS of Ilinois and I guess they have a barartric exclusion and even with an marginal ulcer and a diaiated stoma ,....they denied me ...:(  So gotta do something .

Thanks  in Advance ,  Beth
skifan1
on 3/31/10 9:02 pm - OH
Beth

I have tried a lot of protein shakes but most of them have a nasty aftertaste.  The one I like the best is called About Time.  You can get 2 samples for $2.99 free shipping at their website: www.tryabouttime.com  my favorite flavors are cinnamon swirl, birthday cake and peaches n cream.  I mix them with skim milk, tastes good and provides a little more protein.  They are sweetened with stevia so no artificial sweetener, no carbs, no fat, no sugar and lactose and gluten free.  Each shake is about 100 calories (about 190 with skim milk) and has 25 gms whey protein isolate.

Theresa
StephOinAZ
on 4/1/10 2:35 pm
I personally don't know much about protein shakes...never had to have them w/the band.  But check out this blog: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

She is the goddess of protein shakes and all things protein  Protein ice cream, protein cake, protein donuts (I'm not kidding!) and the best sounding (having not tasted them myself) protein shakes I've ever seen. 

Sorry to hear of your insurance woes   I would try disputing it though, a lot of people are successful if they dispute it, from what I've read. 

It's great that you have the motivation to keep trying though!! 
Most Active