Come on guys...this isn't high school

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/2/10 12:00 pm - Tuvalu

I respond to point out the the very Christian lady that she is stealing bandwidth for her own goals.   And that she has ZERO business here.

And btw...your profile says you aren't going to badmouth the band, but you might want to consider badmouthing your surgeon.  There is AMPLE EVIDENCE that gastric banding doesn't work at all well on BMIs over 46.  He should have put YOUR needs above HIS.
StephOinAZ
on 4/3/10 3:19 am
I don't disagree with you that my surgeon should have made more of an effort to better inform me that the band would not be my wisest choice.  I'm not sure if I would have listened, but as least I would have gone into the band knowing how much harder I'd have to work.  I don't necessarily blame her though, only because it was my responsibility to do my research and know exactly what I was doing.  I did PLENTY of research on the band, just not on anything else, so I'll take the blame for that mistake.   So I can, at least, agree with you on that point.
LeaAnn
on 4/2/10 6:27 am - Huntsville, AL

This isn't high school, and this isn't CHURCH!

Can we get some separation of church and forum up in here?!?!

ten_commandments_jpeg1

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/10 9:12 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Sounds like YOU"RE the one who needs to do the skipping over.

She is not here for revision support, she is here to preach religion and THAT'S NOT COOL.
StephOinAZ
on 4/2/10 10:45 am
Thanks guys...you really proved me wrong about your maturity levels.  
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/2/10 12:01 pm - Tuvalu

Here's the deal...I'm  band-to-DS revision.  If you don't want to put up with ALL OF ME...block me.  (I'm not the one in need of information.) 
(deactivated member)
on 4/2/10 12:06 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
On April 2, 2010 at 5:45 PM Pacific Time, StephOinAZ wrote:
Thanks guys...you really proved me wrong about your maturity levels.  
You're welcome Cupcake.

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/10 2:55 am
wow, i would have to say that I have never felt threatened or offended in any way on this forum, until I read some of the things in this thread.. I was just telling someone the other day how it was so nice to find a forum that wasn't full of drama and offensiveness maybe I was wrong
StephOinAZ
on 4/3/10 3:28 am
I know, right? It's sad.  But I'm done commenting about this subject because I realized that's only going to keep it going.  If no one else comments then there won't be anything for anyone to respond negatively too. 

I hope this doesn't turn you away from OH...because it really is SUCH a wealth of information and  knowledge. 

This is a weight loss forum and every single person on here should know how it feels to be judged, ridiculed, hurt, and put down.  Every single one of us has had weight  issues, otherwise we wouldn't be here, and know how bad that feels.  We are the LAST people who should be judging each other...for whatever reason.

There are SO many wonderful members here...even the people who you see leaving negative comments, when they're not wasting time being redundant, have offered very valuable advice and experiences that, I myself, have really learned from and/or appreciated.  I think something just sparked their fire, you know?  But if we can move on, then I think they can get back to offering their normal helpful and experienced advice.
emjayel56
on 4/3/10 10:16 am - Boynton Beach,, FL

I am here to get support regarding my WLS and not religious beliefs. Everyone has the right to their own beliefs but this is not a religious message board.  With that said, people can post whatever they want.  If I'm not interested in what they have to say all i have to do is skip over it and move on to the next post.  I am not about to judge people, I can only judge myself.  Have a good weekend everyone

maryjo

BELOW GOAL WEIGHT... LOST 151 LBS AND CURRENTLY WEIGH 138 LBS.  ... Maryjo

Most Active