Beware of the God Squad...some have NO experience with revision surgery.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/31/10 8:26 am, edited 3/31/10 8:28 am - Tuvalu
We have self-appointed preachers here who have NO EXPERIENCE HAVING A REVISION who are just wasting everyone's time by posting about their religion here, looking for people to "save."

They should go away.

They won't.  Because keeping busy with THIS keeps their minds off their real life problems, which they are unable to deal with.  So here they are.

And here's what I--someone who HAS had a revision--think of their time wasting activities:

Caleña M.
on 3/31/10 12:17 pm
Can both sides agree to make this an informative forum again?  I truly do come to these forums for information...I also know that these forums are made up of people from all walks of life, religious or not and I chose to join in knowing this.  No one is going to change anyone elses beliefs by posting what gets them through this journey.  I take some things to face value and weed other things out.

For those that religion/god is a part of their life - take into consideration its not everyone's belief, its only yours.  Always remember what you post not only reflects you, but reflects the God you claim to represent.  Even Jesus instructed christians to "turn the other cheek" in certain situations.   What you say may offend others.  Use tact and consider others..remember the Apostle Paul's example to win others over.  Theres a difference between being devout and fanatic.

For those that want no part in religion/god - take into consideration most do and they express it in their everyday life, wether its a religious activity or not.  

No one is going to go away at someones request.

Respect others.

Many horrible things in the history of mankind has happened in the name of religion/god and people choose to reconcile with that fact.

Lets respect others.   I understand there are forums for both.  Please if you really need to vent about religion/god or lack of, vent vent vent all you want...but vent there..there is an audience that will agree with you.  Just remember to post on your respective forum.

The rest of us I think will appreciate a neutral forum knowing others may or may not beleive in religion/god.

Thank you

DS SW - 201 4/21/11; GW 130
Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/31/10 12:40 pm - Tuvalu

My position would be a LITTLE different if she had anything to share about the Revision process.  She does not.  She is here merely to preach her religious beliefs.   And sad, confused people needing help are subjected to her non-help.
malacandra
on 4/1/10 11:12 am - Fort Worth, TX
 It seems a bit silly that you are getting so worked up over this. All the woman is trying to do is to get people thinking about things that they are grateful for in the midst of hard times, and you have to admit weight loss surgery is a hard time. Is this really so bad? I read her post she wasn't preaching she was listing things she was thankful for. It seems you are the instigator in this. I really thought this was a support forum not an attack forum. It just all seems a *****ildish that you are blasting a weight loss councilor? 
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/4/10 2:26 am - Tuvalu
On April 1, 2010 at 6:12 PM Pacific Time, malacandra wrote:
 It seems a bit silly that you are getting so worked up over this. All the woman is trying to do is to get people thinking about things that they are grateful for in the midst of hard times, and you have to admit weight loss surgery is a hard time. Is this really so bad? I read her post she wasn't preaching she was listing things she was thankful for. It seems you are the instigator in this. I really thought this was a support forum not an attack forum. It just all seems a *****ildish that you are blasting a weight loss councilor? 
 She preaches on every forum that doesn't chase her away.  And she's not the only one.  She has no business here OTHER than to preach...she contributes nothing else.  

But if you don't like what I write, feel free to block me.  Like I just told some other person (also unable to see how obnoxious religious preaching on a wls forum is), I'm here OFFERING information and experience...but it's just part of the Who I Am package.  Take it all or leave it all...I'm not the one in need of help here, so I don't care either way.

Lorie2
on 4/5/10 12:22 pm
why don't you block vivian if you don't like what she posts? You don't offer anything but critisism to people you don't like. If you want to post about Allah go ahead we don't care and neither should you,.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/5/10 11:30 pm - Tuvalu
On April 5, 2010 at 7:22 PM Pacific Time, Lorie2 wrote:
why don't you block vivian if you don't like what she posts? You don't offer anything but critisism to people you don't like. If you want to post about Allah go ahead we don't care and neither should you,.

Recently, Hare Krishnas finally lost a court case and can no longer engage in finding people who are tired or depressed or confused or disillusioned to try to recruit to their way of thinking or to support their way of life at LAX.
articles.latimes.com/2010/mar/26/local/la-me-lax-hare-krishnas26-2010mar26

I don't "like" or "dislike" the preacher OR the Hare Krishnas.  I don't care what she believes OR what they believe.  

But as a revision patient myself, I object to Hare Krishnas--Christian or otherwise--who have no business here OTHER THAN TO IMPOSE THEIR BELIEF SYSTEMS ON OTHERS.

That's why you might want to block me if you don't like what *I* post.  

And two more things:
~you have no trouble stating, "You don't offer anything but critisism to people you don't like," as you criticize me...and seem to have no trouble posting, "why don't you block vivian if you don't like what she posts?" to me, and yet you haven't bothered to block me.  Are you having trouble with that "practice what you preach" thing?

~Who is "we?"  Have you been elected to speak for the whole group here?   Or is "we" just the preachy Christian faction?  Please identify your demographic.

woolstitcher
on 4/7/10 11:15 am - OH
I love "Please identify your demographic."  I can use this in many areas, may I? :D 
"Mom, in our house every day is Autism Awareness Day"
~my 9 year old w/ ASD
Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/7/10 11:36 am - Tuvalu
 You might as well use it...she isn't going to ANSWER it.  lol
sreed1966
on 4/4/10 12:31 am - Livonia, MI
I'm still jumping on the like button Ms. Cal Culator!! 

Lapband 2003 - Lost 85 lbs...
Revision to VSG 12/09

Most Active