Seeking RNY revision options.

n2livin
on 3/31/10 8:28 pm - Lees Summit, MO
I had lap RNY in 2002 lost 140 lbs but never reached my goal.  Have gained 40lbs and am looking for revision.  Need to loose 100 lbs.  My insurance does cover revisions.  Looking into Band over Bypass but told by my dr.  that process is slow with only a 40lb average loss.  Has anyone had other types of revisions and did they work? 

I want something less evasive because I have small children.

Tjay
Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/31/10 11:53 pm, edited 3/31/10 11:53 pm - Tuvalu
I had Band to DS.  Many have RnY to DS.  

DS is the more effective in terms of weight loss.
mrlddst
on 4/1/10 12:24 am - Virginia Beach, VA
What did the doctor recommend?
Nemochic
on 4/1/10 5:47 am
On April 1, 2010 at 7:24 AM Pacific Time, mrlddst wrote:
What did the doctor recommend?
Hi Mrlddst,
I am already back at work and feeling great! Dr. W did a wonderful job. Sorry for the Hijack just saw your name.
Outer Banks Surgical Weightloss Support Group
Organizer and Mediator
Original RNY 02/17/05 360 pounds lost 130
Revised on 03/22/10 not quite a ds and not quite a sleeve Hey I am a hybrid!       Preop weighed 277.3 my goal 160!

huth7226
on 4/2/10 2:44 pm
I am in the process of getting a lap band over my pouch, and possible and extending the RNY.  I am in the same boat as I am a single mother of a 4 year old and do not want to take any more risk than necessary when doing the revision.  I have heard the DS may be better, but not right for everyone, weightloss surgery is not a one size fits all, and I have decided with my physician that this is the best route and least risky.  I am not striving to be a beauty queen, just want to be a healthy, energetic mom
n2livin
on 4/2/10 9:27 pm - Lees Summit, MO
I have not heard of both of those options together but I will speak with my doctor. Please keep me informed on your progress.
n2livin
on 4/2/10 9:31 pm - Lees Summit, MO
Most Active