Health

Life

Beautiful weather

Faith

Answered prayers

Obesity Help

Support groups

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian  

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

LeaAnn
on 4/1/10 7:02 am - Huntsville, AL
malacandra
on 4/1/10 11:25 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Isn't this a bit silly? Your quoting a fictional character. To tell the truth some of the most influential philosophers who "reason" were religious. Descartes, Locke, Kant, Kierkegaard, Aquinas, Monroe and Einstein were all religious in some way or another even Aristotle and Socrates were religious. This just seems a silly quote, not really well thought through. What is the point in continuing to post hateful things?  
(deactivated member)
on 4/1/10 12:37 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA

Photobucket
LeaAnn
on 4/2/10 12:04 am - Huntsville, AL

Aristotle and Socrates?  Buwahahhahhahaaaaaaaaa!  A fifth grader knows more about the world and cosmos than those dark age clowns did!

In dark ages people are best guided by religion, as in a pitch-black night a blind man is the best guide; he knows the roads and paths better than a man who can see. When daylight comes, however, it is foolish to use blind, old men as guides.
Heinrich Heine

(deactivated member)
on 4/2/10 1:00 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
On April 2, 2010 at 7:04 AM Pacific Time, LeaAnn wrote:

Aristotle and Socrates?  Buwahahhahhahaaaaaaaaa!  A fifth grader knows more about the world and cosmos than those dark age clowns did!

In dark ages people are best guided by religion, as in a pitch-black night a blind man is the best guide; he knows the roads and paths better than a man who can see. When daylight comes, however, it is foolish to use blind, old men as guides.
Heinrich Heine

I see your point.
funnursechick
on 4/1/10 12:36 pm - MS
Not Cool at all!!!

Elisa H.

LeaAnn
on 4/2/10 12:06 am - Huntsville, AL
I dunno why.  I'm just expressing my gratitude at my not believing in ridiculous fictional supernatural crap.
funnursechick
on 4/2/10 1:03 pm - MS
I agree that this is not a religious forum, but I also feel that it is not appropriate to attack people for their beliefs. If that is what gets them through difficult times, what's the harm? I will be sure to pray for you tonight!

Elisa H.

StephOinAZ
on 4/1/10 11:31 am
Vivian-- I hope you are able to ignore the people who are so clearly bothered by your posts.  Obviously this is your own personal way of showing your thanks and it's not directed at anyone specifically, and I think that's great.  You have just as much right to post your thoughts as anyone.

This board is meant to support each other, not put each other down by making fun of each other.  How sad. 

If someone doesn't like someone's post, then it's simple..DON'T OPEN IT.  It's your own fault if you LET someone else bother you. 

May God continue to bless you and your journey to health and happiness Vivian
Most Active