Religion...or not...on WLS boards

Ms. Cal Culator
on 3/31/10 2:57 am - Tuvalu
There are religion boards.

This is a Revision Board.

I never complain when someone makes a random comment like, "Thank God this happened" or "God forbid that happens."  I do complain when people turn a board that is supposed to help people who need revisions into a place they routinely ********* their magical beliefs all over a captive audience.

If you are convinced that some magical entity in the sky is controlling your life and your world AND YOU NEED TO TALK ABOUT IT EVERYWHERE YOU GO, be prepared for responses.

I don't care whether you believe in Jesus, Buddah, Flying Spaghetti Monster or Allah.  It's not your BELIEFS I'm taking issue with  It's the fact that you have decided that you know something none of those who don't share your beliefs have never heard and that YOU have been chosen by God to BRING US THE MESSAGE.  I'm old enough to be collecting Social Security.  I've heard the ******g message.

When you post nonsense, you get nonsense--like my responses--back.  You aren't paying for this board...why don't you preach on a board YOU pay for instead of stealing someone else's bandwidth?

And since there never IS and never will be any empirical evidence that Jesus got anyone through anything, it would be more honest to say, "My beliefs that a magical dead guy in the sky got me through this are what got me through this."  Because that's what it's really all about.

One more thing...it isn't about being shamed into not talking about your "lord and savior."  It's about having the common courtesy to not impose those beliefs on people who are looking for a different kind of answer.

mrlddst
on 3/31/10 4:58 am - Virginia Beach, VA
"Hitting the LIKE button"....I get what you are trying to say.
Lapband done 6/19/2006 Removed 11/19/2009
Sleeve done 7/29/2010 SW: 228/CW:197/GW:137

Debba
on 3/31/10 6:17 am - West Deptford, NJ
Revision on 05/19/09 with
THANK-YOU!!!   I'm hitting the the "Like" button, too!

dodgerfan
on 3/31/10 7:49 am - Norwalk, CA
I agree and I am hitting the "LIKE" button as well.  I do not come on here to learn about religious things.  I come here to educate myself on WLS related topics.  Thank you for not sugarcoating it like others have done on previous threads.
sreed1966
on 4/4/10 12:16 am - Livonia, MI

Jumping on the like button!!!

Lapband 2003 - Lost 85 lbs...
Revision to VSG 12/09

Kerry J.
on 4/4/10 10:26 am - Santa Clara, UT
Like button here as well. I'm a man of faith, but if you ask me; God helps those who help themselves, so if you want help, get busy doing all you can.

Kerry
Most Active