I AM SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE !!!

Quillie
on 4/5/10 6:08 pm - Belgium
I always wonder about freedom of speech (I'm not from the USA) but I suppose it is the same thing as in every other country in Europe?

What I wanted to know, how is the OP in need of freedom of speech,  and the replies not? How can you say that she has the right to voice her opinion and then say to the other people they shouldn't voice their opinion but just block the OP? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I agree that I prefer positive over rude posts, but this is all a personal opinion. Obviously people were upset by the original post too, otherwise this wouldn't have happened.

Personally, when I see Christian posts (and there have been quite a few here on OH, outside the christianity board) I always wonder what would happen if somebody made such a post about eg Islam.
HW: 115 SW:109 GW:68

mew6495
on 4/5/10 7:29 pm, edited 4/5/10 7:34 pm - MI
On April 6, 2010 at 1:08 AM Pacific Time, Quillie wrote:
I always wonder about freedom of speech (I'm not from the USA) but I suppose it is the same thing as in every other country in Europe?

What I wanted to know, how is the OP in need of freedom of speech,� and the replies not? How can you say that she has the right to voice her opinion and then say to the other people they shouldn't voice their opinion but just block the OP? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I agree that I prefer positive over rude posts, but this is all a personal opinion. Obviously people were upset by the original post too, otherwise this wouldn't have happened.

Personally, when I see Christian posts (and there have been quite a few here on OH, outside the christianity board) I always wonder what would happen if somebody made such a post about eg Islam.
�All I was saying is that ANYONE has the freedom to hit the block button. �Whether you are for or against. �Makes no difference what side or even if you are on no side. �That is what we call freedom of speech. �We ALL have the right to voice our opinions. �And that is just what they are OPINIONS! �Nothing more. �Don't want to see certain peoples posts?�Skip over them or block them. �Why all the drama?

(deactivated member)
on 4/6/10 12:04 am - Bayonne, NJ
While I see your point, saying that this is a freedom of speech issue is off-target. This isn't a public place, it is a (supposedly) moderated site. There are boards that are for on-topic posts and off-topic posts.

I'm sure Vivian means no harm, but her posts aren't on topic to the board. There are other boards where her posts would be on-topic. She hasn't had a revision, she's not offering revision advice, and she's not seeking a revision.

I don't come on here to preach about my religion or beliefs. I do offer opinions relating to the topics. Saying we should block people is one thing, but what if we block her and then she posts something that is on topic, and we miss it? I wouldn't come onto the revision board to post about my diabetic cat, my husband's narcolepsy, or my son's job search, and I wouldn't preach about my religion because I'd figure that people wouldn't want to hear it. Everyone makes their own choices in life and they are entitled to them, but they aren't entitled to clog up an on-topic board with off-topic posts.

The biggest problem here is that OH needs to have moderators step in and keep things on topic.
mew6495
on 4/6/10 11:44 am - MI
 Yep...you're right if you want to look at it that way.  Fact is numerous posts on this board as well as others are OFF TOPIC....  Nope moderators do not respond....That has also been the history of OH....Oh well, such is life...Maybe it's time to just move on.  No offense but what does it get anyone by all these replies "clogging" up the boards keeping this going?

Have a nice day....

MEW

goodkel
on 4/1/10 4:32 pm
On March 30, 2010 at 6:30 PM Pacific Time, Vivian Prouty wrote:
 I am sorry if I offended you with my Tuesday Grateful Post this AM !!!   I am NOT ashamed that I am a Christian !!!   I will not be ashamed when I stand before God either.    And regardless of what anyone thinks I MEANT what I said in my morning post !!!   Thank you !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~ Vivian
There is a Christianity forum here and that is where this belongs:

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/christianity/
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

sreed1966
on 4/4/10 12:27 am - Livonia, MI
If you have not had a revision, and are just on this board to post your propaganda, then in my opinion you are trying to shove it down my throat....that's just my opinion.This is a revision board...please see the religious board for more of these posts.  I see many have complained about thyour post, and you said you would stop if numberous people did so, so please stick to your word as that would be the christian thing to do.

Lapband 2003 - Lost 85 lbs...
Revision to VSG 12/09

Most Active