Considering revision from VBG to DS with Dr. Greenbaum

Jersey Girl
on 3/28/10 6:39 am

Hi Everyone.

I'm looking to talk with people who've gone for VBG to DS.  I had lap VBG sugery March 2004.  Originally, I wanted the Lap Band but my surgeon advised I needed the RNY.  When I woke from surgery I learned I had the VBG.  Apparently, once inside he wasn't able to bypass me and said perhaps he could in the future.

I went from 475 to 222.  Today I'm 255.  I believe I've done as well as I can with the VBG and need more restriction and the benefit of malabsorption. 

For those of you who've gone from VBG to DS, how much have you lost and how is your diet nowadays?  Also, would you do it again and how was the insurance process.  Lastly, was the surgery done open or lap, and how was recovery?

Thanks.

rebeccaford
on 3/29/10 2:16 pm - Honolulu, HI
 Wow!  You should be so proud of yourself!!  You've done great.  I went from a VBG to RNY revision almost a year ago, so I can't help you with your DS questions.  Good luck and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.  
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Jersey Girl
on 3/30/10 3:28 am
On March 29, 2010 at 9:16 PM Pacific Time, rebeccaford wrote:
 Wow!  You should be so proud of yourself!!  You've done great.  I went from a VBG to RNY revision almost a year ago, so I can't help you with your DS questions.  Good luck and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.  
Thanks Rebecca.  You look beautiful!!! 
Most Active