Dr. Marchesini's patients come out, come out whereever you are

Linda F.
on 3/28/10 5:53 am - Tampa, FL
I'm curious as to your experience with going to Dr. M.  Including the price, the length of stay, the difficulty with planning the trip, everything!  I've read that he is really good - I want to know the nitty gritty about planning and making that trip, etc.

Thanks in advance,
Linda
kjfras
on 4/5/10 3:34 am - North Lauderdale, FL
Hey Linda!  I just wanted to share some information with you since I know both you and I are looking into a highly qualified DS surgeon to do a RNY revision. 

I called Dr. Ara Keshishian office about the consult.  This was on a Friday afternoon.  Dr. K called me back on Saturday , went over a bunch of things about the surgery and advised me his office staff would be getting in touch with me today after they have reviewed and confirmed my insurance information.

He told me I would need to be in CA for about 3 weeks unless there were complications.  Since I recently had been thinking of the lapband I already had an Upper GI and endoscopy done.  He wants me to forward that information to him.  He will then let me know if he wants to redo these himself.  He also said I will go for an appt about a week before surgery.  He will go over everything then I will have to wait a week.  He wants us to be absolutely sure we want to make this commitment.  After surgery I will be in the hospital for about 4 days then need to stay in CA for another week for the follow up visit.  After that I can go home but do follow up visits over the phone and work with my PCP for bloodwork labs, etc....

I'm going to see when I talk to his office if he can give the ok for my surgery based on the findings in the GI/ENDO so that they can submit to Ins Co for approval as I don't want to have to fly out there and then back again once insurance approves (hopefully!).  We shall see if it will all come together.

Let me know what you decide to do.  Are you going thru insurance or self-pay?  If you want, I will ask his office staff when I talk to them how much the self-pay is.

Take care -
Kerry
Most Active