Anyone have a revision from JIB?

Charlotte Maier
on 3/28/10 3:06 pm - Belfair, WA
I was just wondering if anyone out there has had a revision from a JIB?
Charlotte
JOAN100
on 3/29/10 5:33 am
 Yes I had my original surgery (JeJunal Ileal Bypass)  in 1978, and a revision to a (slightly tweeked) RNY in Jan of 2008.  Is that the original surgery you are referring to when you say JIB?  Let me know if you have any questions.
Charlotte Maier
on 3/29/10 9:20 am - Belfair, WA
Hi

Yes that is exactly what I was talking about. How difficult was the surgery? How long did it take. What were your problems? Anything would be helpful.  Thank you,  Char
vitalady
on 3/29/10 12:53 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
Not me, but since you're in my neighborhood, I'm guessing Dr. Fox did your JIB way back when?

I've known of 3 ppl *****vised from JIB to modern RNY, distal. They built themselves up nutritionally first and flew right thru the surgery.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Charlotte Maier
on 3/29/10 2:00 pm - Belfair, WA
Hi

No, Dr Fox did not do my surgery. It was done by Dr Yashruti of Port Orchard, Wa. I did go to a meeting with Dr Fox years ago, but my insurance would not cover it. My insurance now is suppose to cover it. I had it done in 1975. The Dr did no follow up, just kind of left us on our own. As far as I know there are only 2 of us left allive from those early days.
     I am looking into the RNY.There are only a few Dr that my insurance will work with, Dr Oh, Dr Thirlby, Dr Hunter, Dr Srikanth, Dr Moonka, Dr Neal but from what I understand he only does the Lap Band and I don not want that. Do you know anything about any of these Dr.
     I have the normal complications that go along with the JIB.  But all in all I am healthy, except for the fact that I have gained all my weight back, I did loose down to 128, then I got the bacterial overgrowth and that was the end of my WLS working.

Thank you, Char
Most Active