Dr. Greenbaum self-pay??

Linda F.
on 3/27/10 1:00 pm - Tampa, FL
Does anyone know what Dr. Greenbaum charges for a RNY Revision to DS for self-payers?
daisylou1976
on 4/2/10 12:57 am - , Canada
HI, I emailed him regarding a revision from a VBG to a DS this is what he said, I don't know if a revision from a RNY would be more or less.  But this may give you an idea...  I am from Canada, so I don't know if you would have the same charged for the hospital.

Good luck!

Total costs whi*****lude the surgery, assistant, anesthesia and hospitalization for 5 days is about $22000.  There is one caveat.  If you are not able to go home (and I would have you go to a local hotel for about one week to make sure you don't get any post op complications), you would then be charged extra which can be as much as $2000 per day if you are in the ICU but much less if you are on the floor.  The other concern is if you develop a leak (which is high with revisions although I have not had any in VBG to DS patients)-fingers crossed--your bill could be a lot more to the hospital.  They will cap costs at $100,000.  Now this would be very unlikely but not impossible.

Linda F.
on 4/2/10 5:27 am - Tampa, FL
Thank you for the information.  That gives me a great idea.

Linda
Most Active