Sleep Study

kamelion63
on 3/27/10 6:59 am - McKinney, TX
I just found out that I need a sleep study done. I didnt need it with my first surgery.
Since it is a Saturday and the Sleep Clinic is the one who called me, I dont know if it is the insurance or the doctor that requires it.

This is the first I have heard on ANYTHING since we submitted for approval so something must have happened on Friday. YAY.

Did anyone have their sugeon request a sleep study? (not the insurance)

Also the thought of this study makes me nervous because my hubby had one and could not sleep at ALL!

Just curious if anyone out there was able to sleep with all of those wires!

Thanks in advance!
Kamelion63

Lap Band 10/2007 Had complications  - waiting on approval to have band removed and revised to RNY with NEW surgeon Dr. Nicholson!

HW 315 SW 286 CW285 GW 180

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain
md131s
on 3/27/10 8:17 am
My surgeon gave me a list of clearances that I had to get done. And one of them was the sleep study.   Also I had to get a cardiac clearance, mammagram, pap smear, psych. eval. and  pulmonologist. Plus 6 months of nutritional consultation.

I believe most doctors require the sleep study to rule out sleep apnea.

Good Luck!
jedi3884
on 3/27/10 12:56 pm
Well I guess its progress, so thats good for you.  My surgeon made me have a sleep study as well.  I was actually diagnosed with sleep apnea.  I think its a ploy to milk more money from insurance companies.  I am an EMT so I believe that people have sleep apnea and I have seen c-pap machines used in emergency settings, but I never really expierenced any problems.  My girlfriend says I hardly snore and I don't feel like I am tired during the day.  So who knows, but if it helps get me and you approved for surgery have at it. lol.  it is weird having all those wires on you while sleeping though.

kamelion63
on 3/27/10 2:04 pm - McKinney, TX
LOL. I guess it could all be a ploy! The lady from the sleep clinic thought it would be the surgeon ordering it so that your surgery will go more smoothly and they can keep you breathing!

Yeah I am happy that I have progress.... Even though they didnt call me to tell me....
Kamelion63

Lap Band 10/2007 Had complications  - waiting on approval to have band removed and revised to RNY with NEW surgeon Dr. Nicholson!

HW 315 SW 286 CW285 GW 180

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." -Kurt Cobain
Most Active