It's not in my head

huth7226
on 3/26/10 10:41 am
So after being told for 4 years from my previous surgeon that I was just lazy and that is why I am gaining, I had an upper GI and upper endoscopy today with new surgeon....result, my pouch is completely stretched out and so is the stoma!  So now we are on to submit the prior authorization to the insurance company for a lap band over the pouch.  Now I am crossing my fingers they they will approve it, I also have sleep apnea, PCOS and osteoarthriitis in my knee.  Hope things getting moving fast, I so badly want to get this weight off to start enjoying life again!
mew6495
on 3/26/10 2:39 pm - MI
 Glad you found the real cause.....some surgeon's can't admit their surgery they performed may have went astray!

I would advise you to research all your revision options.  There are several available.  The BOB is relatively new and not a lot of history on it yet.  Some are claiming poor success with it.  Have you thought about the DS.  A tricky and difficult revision for sure but with the right surgeon could mean the last time you have to go down the revision road.....  Just a thought!

Good Luck to you,
MEW

huth7226
on 3/27/10 6:57 am

I have thought a couple time about it, but being a single mom I really think that this is the route I want to go.  I don't want to have a long risky surgery with a long recovery time.  I know that I will make the band work for me!!   I have lost 140 pounds before and I will do it again! Thanks

mew6495
on 3/27/10 12:08 pm - MI
 I am sure you will do terrific!  I chose the same reason as you to stay away from the DS....the risk involved.  It's not for everyone and it is a personal choice and should not be made based on others "opinions".  

Let us know how you make out.  Good Luck on your new journey.

MEW

Most Active