just getting started

elsa
on 3/25/10 5:25 am - fort worth, TX
I post now and then, but its been a while. im fighting tooth and nail to keep my weight off. i loos 10 just to gain 15. i started  at 260 got down to 140 then i had a baby & my mom commited suicide. before i knew it i was back up to 195. ive joined a gym focused on protien and reduced my carbs. its taken me months but im finaly down to 170. Im only 4ft 9 and my bmi is 35. I saw my dr he said my only real option is a stoma-fix (i cant spell it lol) he refered me to dr rodriges since he doesnt do them himself.  my insurance covers revisions im just wondering it my bmi is too low for help.

its a catch 22 im struggling to loose weight but might be to small for a revision. not to mention i heard the stoma-fix doesnt have verry good results.  what do yall think?

Elsa 

I'm really a perfect size six, I just keep it covered in fat so it doesnt get scratched.
http://www.myspace.com/elsathegreat

StephOinAZ
on 4/1/10 4:13 pm
What surgery do you have...gastric bypass?  I've heard of people getting the Band over Bypass (BOB), that just helps re-establish restriction if your stoma has stretched out, I believe.  That would be minimally invasive and would be fine w/the amount of weight you need/want to lose. 

It's great that you're working so hard to lose the weight again.  Sorry to hear about the troubles you've been experiencing.   The fact that you're trying to do something about it instead of just giving it up as a lost cause is the best thing you can do for yourself!

Most Active