Possible Revision BPD - DS to DS???

texascat
on 3/25/10 3:05 am - Bellbrook, OH
Hi, while I am OLD hat at the WLS I have never posted on the boards previously!

History - I had BPD w/ DS in July 1997 with a starting weight of 308lbs.  The lowest I ever obtained was 198 lbs, current weight 242 lbs.  For about the past year and a half I have contemplated getting a revision.  Even went so far as when it was time to sign up for insurance for 2010, I called each plan to see which one would pay for the surgery.

I spoke with my surgeon last year and than when I saw him last month, yes I see him a lot due to my levals always being bad, he brought it up!  I spoke with the insurance rep in his office and she has checked out the benifits, yes my plan does cover the revision, I basically have to start over and have the letter from my primary, 6 mo dr supervised diet, pych exam, nutritionist visit.  You know the money makers!

So now I'm starting the ball rolling down the slope, but I am scared of the revision!  Has anyone here had a DS to a DS revision?  What type of results did you have? What type of surgery / recoop time did you have?

Any information that you can provide would be wonderful!

Thank you,
Carol M
vitalady
on 3/25/10 1:49 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
I'm tired and my throat hurts, so that would explain EVERYTHING, huh?

You want to revise to a modern DS? Smaller sleeve? Did you want to change your common channel to...... longer? shorter?

Maybe fix the nutrition levels, then decide?

I'm not entirely clear on which way you're wanting to go.

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

texascat
on 3/31/10 4:32 am - Bellbrook, OH
Sorry, I don't know what your question is?

I am wishing that I didn't need to have surgery, but aware that I probably will.  Like a lot of other people, the results that I obtained were not perfict.  I am still obease by any stretch of the imagination.  I would LOVE to be thin, but am still over 240 pounds. 

I am starting the 6 month dr supervised diet.

What I am looking for is if anyone has done a DS to a DS revision.  and what the results are.  You see plenty of post of RNY to DS.  Lap Band to DS.  all that stuff, but no DS to DS. 

I just thought this was where you would be able to find information.

thank you,

vitalady
on 4/1/10 1:14 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
What exactly are you revising?

What specific changes do you plan to make?

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Most Active