Home from my revision!!

Nemochic
on 3/24/10 2:23 am
Hi Everyone.
I had my revision on Monday the 22. and they said since I was doing so well they let me go home on the 23!!
My revision ended out being a little different than most. My original surgeon messed up! So the new Dr, fixed it but stated he removed the excess stomach and did a sleeve over my new pouch. So I guess I am now a hybrid
I feel pretty good I was up walking around on the 22 and did 2 laps around the whole floor yesterday.
I am trying to get all my fluids in.Sip sip sip.

Thanks for listening
Jennifer
Outer Banks Surgical Weightloss Support Group
Organizer and Mediator
Original RNY 02/17/05 360 pounds lost 130
Revised on 03/22/10 not quite a ds and not quite a sleeve Hey I am a hybrid!       Preop weighed 277.3 my goal 160!

mrlddst
on 3/24/10 3:14 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Ohhh...we do have the same doctor!! He is going to do my revision whenever I decide on what I want to do?? So were you an RNY revised to a sleeve? How long did it take from consultation to surgery?? Just curious, I think I want to be sleeved but my insurance doesn't cover it right now.
Lapband done 6/19/2006 Removed 11/19/2009
Sleeve done 7/29/2010 SW: 228/CW:197/GW:137

Nemochic
on 3/24/10 7:39 am
My whole process started in Sept of 09, but I kind of did everything backwards. A general surgeon sent me to see him after an endoscope. Seen him and it was decided I needed a revision even before I went to any of the classes. My stuff was sent to my insurance in late November and they denied me. After 2 appeals the approved me in early February. I just wanted the RNY revised but once they got in there and seen what my first surgeon did they changed their mind and made my pouch smaller and then added a sleeve. So now I am learning all about the sleeve. Let me know if you need help with your appeal or anything, I work in insurance daily.
Organizer and Mediator
Revised on 03/22/10 not quite a ds and not quite a sleeve Hey I am a hybrid!       Preop weighed 277.3 my goal 160!

beth brown
on 3/28/10 11:20 pm - Marshall, MO

Hi , I was just reading your post and I had applied for revision also with BC/BS of ilinois buit was denied due to the have a barietric exclusion ....I had the endocsope as well and my suregon recommended the revision and also I have an ulcer so with that all out he said a revision was best , but  I was denied...the doctors office handled it for me .

So I guess I am wondering about an appeal ... is that something that I would do and present to my insuarance with medical doc ? 

Thanks for your help ...by the way my name is Beth .
Nemochic
on 3/29/10 2:23 am
If your plan has a bariatric exclusion then I am afraid you would be out of luck and would be self pay. Their is a lady on here named sarahlicous on the main board that is very helpful with appeals. You might want to try her. Best of Luck!
Organizer and Mediator

Most Active