Stomach Stretched.....Reason for a Revision????

celticlassie
on 3/23/10 10:55 pm - Garden Grove, CA
After seeing my Dr. yesterday and mulling over his comments things started to make sense to me.  My upper GI shows my stomach is back to pre-surgery conditions, however my health is better than ever....so I have little or no co-morbidities.  He is saying that without other reasons I have to go through the 6 month classes to qualify for surgery, my stomach is streched out, not reason enough for surgery, but my weight is reason enough to go into the programme.  Isn't this a bunch of nonsense????  Even if I was not going to attempt to get the DS, wouldn't they have to at least fix the broken RNY?  But they don't consider it broken because I am not sick as a dog, just 150lbs overweight....
I know some have suggested I try and file a grievance to get out of the 6 month classes which is what prompted the thought process.  Wouldn't that then NOT give me any reason to have surgery since Kaiser thinks I have no problem, just a grossly stretched out stomach. 

Quillie
on 4/5/10 6:14 pm - Belgium
This is interesting, I thought most of RNY stomachs went back to a big size when you eat until full, and that this was always told before surgery. (it was said to me, that is why I opted out of it, I binge) There would be no obligation to them to fix the broken RNY, maye the classes are there to educate you? It could be a way to make sure you won't sue them in the future and say you didn't get the information needed.

Good luck with your DS!
HW: 115 SW:109 GW:68

Ms. Cal Culator
on 4/6/10 12:07 am - Tuvalu

Your "problem," at 150# overweight, is that you are MO. 

What kind of revision are you seeking?
Most Active